First Warmoth build - Body & neck has arrived!

JonatanOTG

Here they finally are, the main parts for my first Warmoth guitar!  :redflag:

I ordered the body & the neck from the showcase december 19th, after some custom-ness were added they were shipped january 11th and I had them (in Sweden) january 26th. This guitar will be veeery nice. Of course I'm still in the 'honeymoon process' but I can honestly say that I'm extreamly pleased with how they turned out.
I was a bit worried about how the finish would look on the body (a shot in the dark really, since it was un-finished in the showcase) but it turned out pretty sweet actually... I love it!
And the neck... When I ordered it, I kind of liked the look of flamed maple so thought I'd try it. Now, I completely absolutely adore it! I know this is far from the most flame-ness you can get on a neck but still... Can't take my eyes from it...  :toothy11:

Body specs
Solid Swamp Ash strat in Sunset Orange
Rear rout
Routed for 2 wood mount humbuckers
Narrow strat flatmount bridge
Side jack hole
Contoured heel

Neck specs
Stratocaster Warmoth Pro in Clear Gloss
Flame Maple on Flame Maple
25-1/2" scale
Stainless SS6150 frets
10-16 Compound Radius
Routed for Sperzel tuners
GraphTech Black TUSQ XL nut

Now here's where the fun begins:

A packet for me?
1b.JPG

"Warmoth" huh? Never heard of them...  :icon_scratch:
2b.JPG

Oh hello there...  :eek:
4b.JPG

I hereby name you... Tomato juice. Maybe.
7b.JPG

Contoured heel!
6b.JPG

Another packet...?
8b.JPG

What could possibly be inside this neck shaped envelope?
9b.JPG

Beware, it's a neck!
11b.JPG

A very tasty neck...
13b.JPG

... with flames!  :toothy12:
14b.JPG

Oh, and by the way, I know there's no control routs on the body. I wasn't perfectly fine with the standard strat layut Warmoth offers so I decided to do them myself (aka let the local guitar guy do it). 1 volume, 1 tone & 1 DiMarzio EP1111 3-way switch.

Well, thats pretty much it. I can't wait to get these parts together, but I will take it nice and slow. No hurry. This is my first Warmoth guitar and my major target is to get this thing playable. I have no doubt that this will happen though, how can such beautiful parts possibly make a bad guitar?

Thank You Warmoth!  :icon_thumright:

Good for you! Those are beautiful parts! You're going to end up with a guitar that you'll love for ever and ever, amen.

Man that is bright  :glasses9:

Looks great thou and I'm a 2 x Hum strat lover too.  :icon_thumright:
What pups are ya using ?

Isn't that just the greatest fun ...... opening the packages  :toothy10:

Thanks for the comments!

Updown said:
Man that is bright  :glasses9:

Looks great thou and I'm a 2 x Hum strat lover too.  :icon_thumright:
What pups are ya using ?

Isn't that just the greatest fun ...... opening the packages  :toothy10:

Yep. I wanted a bright guitar and I've got a feeling that these parts will do it. At least I'm sure they will sound bright. Look-wise it's more like... Tomato juice. But I like it  :icon_thumright:

2 x humbuckers for the win! I'll be using DiMarzio Breeds. Never tried them before but they seems nice and I look forward to see what those rather heavy pickups can do to an otherwise very bright guitar. Should be interesting!  :toothy11:

Back