Christmas wish list!

Samhain

What new products or options would you like for Christmas from Warmoth?
I’d love to see a 1.650 (42mm) nut width and a “Medium C” neck profile.
Something inbetween a standard thin and the 59 roundback.

Two things (but I doubt it will happen)

- A Shortscale jazzmaster bass body
- A Fixed Bridge option for the Bass VI

BuyMeABurrito said:
This is selfish: routing for the Darkstar pickup to return.

Selfishness is what Christmas wish lists are all about!!!
Keep them coming!

-Nitro lacquer on bodys and necks
-routing for fender midboost
-7 1/4" to 9 1/2" compound radius
-neck profile like a musikraft 57 V

If Warmoth offered Nitro Finishes I think they’d get even more business. Warmoth really would be the spot for everything you need. Best bodies, options between paint, complete customization, there would be no competition

Agree with the 7.25 compound radius.
Also Mooncaster headstock with curved instead of angled swoosh shaping - although a bit late for me and you can find info out there to DIY it with a pin router. Tempted but I'm not sure I'd want to risk it on the goncalo neck I have.

I'm good for Christmas. Currently working on drum stuff again. But I still wish my baritone had a 1-5/8" nut and a 7.25-9" radius.

Mine are modest and probably the most doable of everything (so far):

New flake colors:
- Chartreuse Sparkle (Dick Dale!)
- Champagne Sparkle
- Orange/Tangerine flake
- a nice aqua/sea foam flake as seen on some Fender Custom Shop models (Google Seafoam Sparkle/Flake...gorgeous).

That’s it.

A 7.25-9" radius would also be pretty awesome. With that and nitro finishes I might have to go get a home equity loan.

Would nitro finish be interesting even if it would cost an arm and a leg? Would it be worth getting such a finish if it cost, say $500?

Don’t forget that nitro isn’t nearly as durable as a poly finish. Look at it the wrong way and the finish will crack.

Say you pay that small fortune for the finish and when you get the body - half way around the world - and there’s cracks in the finish. What then?

Just throwing out some arguments for why I don’t believe Warmoth will do nitro finishes.

BUT - there’s nothing stopping us from getting an unfinished body and have a local luthier do a nitro finish. It’ll probably be much cheaper and less risk of something going wrong on the way.

I’m sure all you good people in the US of A can have the body sent to Tonar here on the forum and he’ll get you the finish you want.

A volume and tone control layout for Strat and Soloists similar to the two controls available on the 7/8 bodies.

An option for fretless bass necks lined or otherwise to have the side dots positioned in line with the position the fret would have been. This is similar to the Jaco Pastorius bass.

World peace and goodwill to all.

People already do pay an arm and a leg more for nitro finishes. If I had all the other options plus that with Warmoth, I personally would buy more for sure. 

I could buy a Warmoth body and get it finished somewhere else. I could build an entire guitar sourced from somewhere else, so I'm not sure why that's relevant. I thought the thread was about things you wanted from Warmoth.

Logrinn said:
I’m sure all you good people in the US of A can have the body sent to Tonar here on the forum and he’ll get you the finish you want.

Hey!  Tonar will finish it for you even if you don't live in the US of A!

Logrinn said:
Would nitro finish be interesting even if it would cost an arm and a leg? Would it be worth getting such a finish if it cost, say $500?

Don’t forget that nitro isn’t nearly as durable as a poly finish. Look at it the wrong way and the finish will crack.

Say you pay that small fortune for the finish and when you get the body - half way around the world - and there’s cracks in the finish. What then?

Just throwing out some arguments for why I don’t believe Warmoth will do nitro finishes.

BUT - there’s nothing stopping us from getting an unfinished body and have a local luthier do a nitro finish. It’ll probably be much cheaper and less risk of something going wrong on the way.

Salty.
The things you mentioned about Nitro are actually what I like about it.
Very thin. Ages awesome, wears awesome, dents cool. The only poly finish I prefer is white.

Back