Caught my stepson in bed with our rhythm guitarist's daughter....

We just caught him playing strip poker with his girlfriend and a few other friends.  And he refuses to see whats wrong with the behavior.  And I've got some other angry parents.  I'm so frustrated...

gnome said:
yeh  remember doing that back when i was around that age....

So do I.  All my teenage deeds come back to haunt me 25 years later.

As I said before, he's a gifted kid.  He's extremely good at things like "Debate", and spent a big chunk of last night arguing with his mother, using his powers of debate to try and blame his behavior on HER!!!!  The stress she puts on him (do your homework, behave, watch your language, do your share of the chores) drove him to salcious sexual desires.  

He was blaming Me for his alleged misconception that this was okay.   His argument that hanging out in his room (which he shares with his 11 year old stepbrother) with two 14 year old girls in their underwear, with the door open, was okay because he was following the "open door when girls are over" rule, and that we never specifically told him not to play strip poker with two girls.  He said he was completely unaware of the No Playing Strip Poker With Two Girls rule.  

And of course, the girls gave the argument that their underwear covered more than their swim suits, and that at home they're naked half the time, much to the annoyance of their family members, especially their preteen brothers.  Fortunately my wife was a girl much like these two and easily befriended them with edited tales of her own teenage sexual misconduct and subsequent reprocussions from parents..... as we waited for their distraught mothers to arrive.

All I can say is that I want to claw my eyes out from seeing two underage girls parading around in their undergarments as I walked by my stepson's room.  Are they cute?  Yes.  Can I go to jail for what I saw?  Probably not.  

You spend much of your kids childhood being careful that your nudity does not traumatize them.  Then they hit puberty, develope, and their nudity (or partial nudity) traumatizes you.  In this case, it was someone else's kid, and I think I need to be institutionalized.

Truthfully, its not like I can throw any stones for the behavior.   I was worse, though not as successful as he's becoming.  But DANG, when I got caught I would never have tried to blame my parents, look for excuses like this.  When I did stuff like this, and got caught (many times), I admited up front that it was because I was a horny teenager and was willing to take the risk.  

You know, all its gonna take is one annoyed parent and one stuffy judge for my wife and I to suddenly find ourselves on a Sex Offender list with the "Involving Children" asterisk.  

I am in hell.  But hey, at least my three kids brought home good gradecards.

sort of unrelated, but it's a different world these days:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/style/28hugs.html

I'm glad this wasn't going on when I was a kid. I would have become an outcast even faster hahahaha  :laughing7:

I was in a band where the lead guitarist wound up bonking the bassist's sister.  It made for hard feelings and he ended the realtionship.  His committment to the band was more important than a bonk.

Yeah, Gary, me and my friends do the hug thing. But only guys with girls or girls with girls. Guy-guy is a no-no :p

And our clothes are on while we hug :p

Been trying not to comment on this thread. But I can say that the kid doesn't really sound that bad, I mean he's just doing the normal stuff that everybody wants to do at that age. Does he torture animals, spend all day locked in his room doing secretive stuff on the web, or totally reject schoolwork? If the worst you can say about him is that he's a horny and argumentative teenaged boy, i.e. totally typical, then you're doing something right.
Just hope he doesn't read your thread about him!

I'm not saying he's anything worse than normal.  Other than he's normal and has a staggeringly high IQ and knows it.  I did this same sort of thing.  In fact, I was worse.  Except in the arguing dept.

A high IQ really doesn't mean anything other than to tell people you have a high IQ.  It's what you do with it.  And FYI, the IQ test was not originally intended to test intelligence, but test stupidity.  It was to see how slow was too slow, and if that slow person could be self-sufficient.

I must admit that I am pro-hug.

And really, when I was 14 or 15 I can't say I had the balls to 'collect' girls or play strip poker or whatnot. In the years that followed, that changed of course, but my early teenage years - which seem usually to be horrorsome - were pretty damn tame.

I was a nerdy teenager, all my friends were nerds, and I teach at a nerdy art high school. When I see tv shows about teenagers and they have these crazy dramatic sex lives, I just laugh because I cannot imagine teenagers being that sexually sophisticated.  Drugs and drinking I can see for the most part, since one of my best friends in high school got into meth, and I knew several other people who were doing meth, k, ecstacy, dxm, acid, and of course there were pot heads.  But it seems like I knew very few people who were sexually active, or at least admitted to it.  At the end of school one of my friends had slept with my other friend's brother, and another girl I knew had been sleeping with her boyfriend, but they were all 18 by then.  Then I believe one of my other friends was messing around with her boyfriend, but I'm not convinced they were full out having sex.  But really, that stuff was treated as a big deal.  I mean hell, in high school, making out with someone is big exciting news, at least it was in my circle of friends.  There were some crazy goings-on in college, but not high school.

At the art school, I see a lot of hugging going on (it's like the summer of love, seriously) and I hear kids talking about what they like to drink, but I have not heard much about drugs and almost nothing about sex going on.  Although, there are a few kids that I am sure are getting a little something after school.  The hugging thing makes it difficult to gauge who is seeing who though, especially because there are a lot of gay and bi kids.  For example, I'm not really sure, but I am slightly suspicious that one of my sophomore girls is seeing one of my freshmen girls.  It's really hard to tell though, because there are also a lot of best friends that are very huggy with each other.  Actually, last year there were a lot of kids that went all out for their best friend on Valentines Day, but I am positive that the kids that were doing that are just friends and most of them are straight.  But hey, it's a hippie art school.  There is a big sign in one of the windows of the school that says "Love is lovely!".

So I guess your stepson is just way too cool, cause I can't even imagine that type of thing going on in my teenage experience or really any teenage experience.

I love the teenager's logic of "...you never explicitly said I couldn't play Strip Poker."  Part of growing up is knowing right and wrong without being told.  If I were to show a 3 year old a German Shepherd and Cocker Spaniel and tell him they're both dogs, he could look at a Dalmatian and know it's a dog without being told "explicitly" it's a dog.  So without an explanation or direction, a teenager should know better.  Don't get me wrong, I'm mental hi-fiving him, but how does he even walk around with balls that big?  I mean, you guys were at home.  Atleast get them alone.

Even more is that he managed to talk these girls into doing this and one them was HIS GIRLFRIEND!  Good Lord.  This kid makes me happy my daughters are still babies and fearful for the future.

Still, my inner fourteen year old thinks your kid might be the coolest kid on the planet.  Since he's not mine to deal with I find his defense of his actions freaking hilarious.

when I was around that age it wasn't me that was getting girls to do that sort of innocent naughty stuff - it was their idea. People always want to blame the boy, but in my experience it's not always the boy that initiates these kinds of things.

never said he was a victim - there is no victim - I just wouldn't be 100% sure he's the one corrupting the helpless girls

Max said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Yes.  He is the victim.
I'll take the fall next time. Just for him.

Darn you, Max, now I've gotta wipe the coffee off my screen!!!

My father and stepmom are loving this right now.  I've never seen such a big smile on my father's face as when I told him this story.  My stepmom took such joy in reminding me of a time she caught me with a girlfriend, when I was 15, in the laundry room in mid...well...  this is a family-friendly forum....  lets say she was just doing me a favor and was breathing through her nose....  Its as if this is sweet revenge for my folks, that I should be the parent in this situation.  But they agree, I never tried to shift the blame and I was smart enough to TRY to keep from getting caught (hence the laundry room).  I did, however, give zero consideration to household rules when girls were involved.

Back