Bête Noire - Double-bound black tele

bagman67

Epic Member
Brothers and sisters, I give you:  Bête Noire!

Warmoth neck:  Flamed maple with macassar ebony fingerboard, 6115 frets, no inlays; black Graphtech nut.

Planet waves tuners.

Warmoth body:  Gloss black with cream binding, back and front (finished by Warmoth); TxH pickup rout.

Chrome hardware includes Schaller straplocks, control plate, Gotoh modern standard Tele bridge, knobs.

Neckplate by Unofficial Warmoth's own Doug Shepard, aka DangerousR6.

Pickups:

Neck - GFS Dream 90 in black with chrome frame
Bridge - Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Tele with coil tap

Wired for 4-way switching:

1 - Bridge only
2 - Bridge/Neck parallel
3 - Bridge/Neck series
4 - Neck only

Mini toggle for coil tap

Still working on dialing in the setup.  The nut slots are quite shallow, so I'll have to handle that; also, it's very hummy, which suggests I've cheesed the grounding - so I'll go troubleshoot that tonight.

But DAMN, she's a beauty - don't you agree?

Bagman
Full length:

6917259237_e284b1cc34_b.jpg

From behind:
6917311507_57bf8194d5_b.jpg

From above:
6917459853_e070bca00a_b.jpg

Headstock:
6917429075_2f566130cf_b.jpg

Mmmm, flamey!
6917337327_41831f64f9_b.jpg

Macassar-tacular:
6917542157_b0cf6324d9_b.jpg

And here's Doug's handiwork - Thanks, Doug!
6917323871_f1e16a420d_b.jpg

Confidential to Updown:  Look, I kept the knob set-screws out of sight!

oh HELLZ YES!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!! That's the best Tele I've seen in a while, bar none!  :headbang:
well done mate!  :eek:ccasion14:

Super sharp in the detail, pic 3 is a real calender shot, that is one nice Tele :glasses9:

Not really sure how I feel about the pickups yet - I've only had it plugged in long enough to determine that my wiring worked (mostly), and I haven't really cranked it.  Once I have that chance, I'll let the assembled throng in on my insights.

Wow. Just... wow. That is one fine piece of work. I had pictures in my mind, but they don't do justice to the real pictures, which I'm sure can't even touch the reality of that little lovely.

Nicely done! I'm glad you went with the cream pickguard. 100% pure class all the way!
I'm also curious about the Dream 90.

Oh for fu... I had just convinced myself to not splash out on double binding. Well, there goes the bank balance...

Very, very nice.

If it's still there, AceFlibble, you can grab a lovely Sonic Blue Tele body from the Showcase, double-bound in white, rear-routed - good luck, my friend!

Bagman

Are you talking about this one?

PT2615C.jpg

Nice part. It's actually Daphne Blue, but still. Chambered Mahogany... Mmm... I'd be tempted, but I just got a carved-top metallic cherry red Tele today, so I'll have to wait a day or two...

Impressive. Classic. Sophisticated. Love the look of a double bound black tele.  :guitarplayer2:

That is one seriously classy tele you got there Bagman ... nicely done sir  :icon_thumright:

Holy Crap  :eek:  How did I miss this piece of PURE CLASS  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I just fell off my chair, when I saw this...... WOW WOW WOW  :blob7:

Oh Bagman, my hat goes off to you sir  :hello2: ..... Very Very Nice

Back