Bête Noire - Double-bound black tele

I'm really liking the red line black pickguards on black. Haven't seen it in person, but from the builder, I'm wishing it were just a WEE bit thicker.

thineline-black-on-black.png

Or maybe an Electroluminscent wire - could be cool binding/pickguard outline.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5zutMNBF4

JaySwear said:
I still can't help but wonder what this would look like with a black or tortoise pickguard  :icon_biggrin: I do love it though!
It would look like a double bound black tele with a black or pearloid pickguard....Sorry it had to be said... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
JaySwear said:
I still can't help but wonder what this would look like with a black or tortoise pickguard  :icon_biggrin: I do love it though!
It would look like a double bound black tele with a black or pearloid pickguard....Sorry it had to be said... :icon_biggrin:

With a black single ply, it would look something like this:
6894728935_2850f9fbfb_b.jpg

It still has the plastic film on it, and of course the guitar's not fully assembled because the idea was just to get an idea how it might look - but as you can see, it don't look half bad.  I'll need to pick up a BK body to use this pickguard on, I think.

Peace

Bagman

Bagman67 said:
DangerousR6 said:
JaySwear said:

With a black single ply, it would look something like this:
6894728935_2850f9fbfb_b.jpg

It still has the plastic film on it, and of course the guitar's not fully assembled because the idea was just to get an idea how it might look - but as you can see, it don't look half bad.  I'll need to pick up a BK body to use this pickguard on, I think.

Peace

Bagman

That does look cool and I also have a black on black tele that I love.
However, the cream pickguard really gives it that classical tuxedo look that is sweet :glasses9:
Obviously the crowd agrees as that girl is the GOTY :headbang1:

I know what you mean about doing a BK build with your black pick guard.
You know how it is; ya got an extra pick guard laying around, you might as well build another guitar  :headbang:

Congratulations on your win and be cool...
:rock-on:

Black Dog said:
You know how it is; ya got an extra pick guard laying around, you might as well build another guitar  :headbang:
Oh crap No  :doh: 
I'm in big big trouble then, I've got 6+ pickguards lying around.  :help:

But  :dontknow:  my next lot of planed builds don't use pickguards. 

Gee and I used these (in pic) as a good excuse to build another guitar a while back.  :laughing7:
4954f5e9.jpg

And finished up with this ...  :icon_biggrin:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19843.0

Simple problem, Murray, very, very simple: PLAN ONE WITH A PICKGUARD!!!  :toothy10: Happy to help...you're welcome!

Great Ape said:
Simple problem, Murray, very, very simple: PLAN ONE WITH A PICKGUARD!!!  :toothy10: Happy to help...you're welcome!

That'll be $1.99. PayPal preferred.

She's for sale.  Trying for a full-guitar sale for starters, but I'll part out if I need to.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/4997726496.html

The ad says no case, but I'll deliver with a higher-quality gig-bag for a forum purchaser. Paypal acceptable for forum members with >50 postings.  US or Canada purchasers only.  You pay shipping.

Back