ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

I'd rather be kissed and "hand-blessed" by the nubile wood nymphs, myself; but to each his own.

No, no. Nubile wood nymphs are highly attractive, but they carry rabies. Or, maybe it's babies? I don't know. Either way, I'll just watch 'em play.

Cagey said:
So I see. But, $120 adder? What kind of stainless steel is he using? Is each fret individually kissed and hand-blessed by the pope before installation by nubile wood nymphs?

I sent him fret material and he used it....$60 up charge for working with stainless.  That was earlier in the process.  I have two double cuts from him....very happy.  Think of it this way...for about $400, you have both the neck and body.

Bagman67 said:
Nine out of ten altar boys feel the same way I do.

I wouldn't know. We weren't allowed to touch each other. Besides, there wasn't time. Lotta setup and vestments and candle lighting and what-have-you.

DMRACO said:
I sent him fret material and he used it....$60 up charge for working with stainless.  That was earlier in the process.  I have two double cuts from him....very happy.  Think of it this way...for about $400, you have both the neck and body.

That is the way I'm thinking about it. But, if he's going to be abusive about working stainless frets, then gimme credit for not having to install and work the standard frets and let me do my own fretwork.

I don't understand why everybody wants such a premium for working stainless. It's almost all I do, and I don't have any trouble with them. Maybe I'm leaving money on the table...

Stainless aside, I'm very happy with my kit from precision.  It's a damn fine guitar- especially with that fine tonar finish!

Well, that's a hellvua endorsement. Maybe I'll make one of those my next binding project. Assuming, of course, that the first one doesn't make me insane.

I really wish agile made more of those sweet 3100's in lefty.

that all black, or black and maple deal. would be keen

The precision guitar kits link is great.

I don't have any more trouble playing an LP than I do a Tele. Very very slightly less comfortable than a Strat but not enough to ever affect any buying decisions. When I grab a guitar for unplugged practice, it's often my LP Traditional.

I dunno about all the Gibson bashing.  They gotta do what they gotta do.

Guitars?  I've got six Gibby's, have had four more that I either gave to friends or sold off.

As for Warmoth.... they gotta do what they gotta do.

Life is all about change.  Sometimes you make the changes happen, other times, they happen even though you don't plan on them happening.  Whats important, is that you adapt, innovate, improvise, improve and overcome.... and be better off for it.

the main reason I never bought Gibsons is because I felt that the ones I played/tried weren't worth the money they ask for it! if they were at the same price level as your average USA fender, things may have been different. (I have a '74 Ibanez LP that I really like)

having said that, I always thought that fenders were more comfortable anyway, and my first 'real' guitar was a MIJ Fender with the most awesome neck ever, which was a real revelation after learning on a FuijiGen SG copy.

SPRINKLES said:
I really wish agile made more of those sweet 3100's in lefty.

that all black, or black and maple deal. would be keen

Apparently, they'll be taking "semi-custom" orders again, at some point. The prices seem reasonable; you could probably spec out the one you want.

I'd love to get one of their 3200s ... I just don't need another damned guitar. Being lefty means I pretty much can't ever hope to resell them, except at a sure loss.

My guess is they agreed not to make any more product, but asserted a right (or negotiated one) to sell off the product in stock and to complete any work-in-progress.

Awww, man! I was about to go and buy a Les Paul body from the showcase, but somebody beat me to it! Bummer... I was really in love with that particular chunk of wood... Let this be a warning to anyone thinking about pulling the trigger. I waited just a bit too long!  :sad1:

=CB= said:
I dunno about all the Gibson bashing.  They gotta do what they gotta do.

Guitars?  I've got six Gibby's, have had four more that I either gave to friends or sold off.

As for Warmoth.... they gotta do what they gotta do.

Life is all about change.  Sometimes you make the changes happen, other times, they happen even though you don't plan on them happening.  Whats important, is that you adapt, innovate, improvise, improve and overcome.... and be better off for it.
It's typical big business trying to hold small business down. Gibby got caught with their hand in the neighbors cookie jar. And now the want to to get sue happy to pull in some money to try and help cover their losses. So naturally they're going to go after other manufacturers the feel are tapping into their buying market. And I'd bet Warmoth was first on the list. And you know I'm right, just look at how long Warmoth's been making those styles, and now all of the sudden the want to pitch a bitch fit about it. Gibby's is also charging rock star prices for gear, so that leaves us no choice but to go to places like Warmoth..

Back