ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

Wyliee

Per Warmoth ownership and effective immediately...

In response to Gibson’s  legal demands over trademark infringements, Warmoth is no longer able to build new product for all Gibson styled models. However, there may be existing product available from our In Stock Showcase that will satisfy your needs – until they are all gone. New, similar but non infringing, bodies will be available in the coming months. We beg your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience this might cause.

Sorry gang.  I have no other comments at this time.

Crying_eyes_out.gif

Kinda saw this one coming.  I hope the new bodies will be out soon.

Hahahaha @ Gibson.  Yes, this is why your profits are down; bolt on parts of superior quality.  It has nothing to do with your terrible QC or ridiculous dealer practices/pricing.  :cool01:

-Mark

Very sad to hear this and sorry that no licensing arrangement could be worked out.

so - during the void can you slip in the cad programming for a Starcaster?  :)

AprioriMark said:
Hahahaha @ Gibson.  Yes, this is why your profits are down; bolt on parts of superior quality.  It has nothing to do with your terrible QC or ridiculous dealer practices/pricing. 

Couldn't have said it better myself unless Wylie turned off the word filter.

Booo! not good!

If they want to go after competitors that make LP shaped guitars, they have a lot of work to do!!
I always thought the whole 70s lawsuit episode was about the open book head stock style, and that (just like fender) the body shape was never trademarked...

This about sums up the feelings we're all feeling.

Though at least we can still get an Explorer or reverse Firebird body from here.  And this place has made several LP, Firebird, and V style bodies.  Still, both have FAR fewer options, and likely lower quality than Warmoth. 

Again.... this.

Patrick from Davis said:
Can we still get necks with the, um, style of headstock?

+ 1 - Yes? No?

WOW...1st the VW...now the LP!  Is the LPS next?!?!?!?

This is unfortunate.  Smoke-em while you can...some killer examples still to be had.

Maybe Warmoth can sell Gibson some decent fingerboard wood in exchange to sell the LP.

DMRACO said:
WOW...1st the VW...now the LP!  Is the LPS next?!?!?!?

This is unfortunate.  Smoke-em while you can...some killer examples still to be had.

Maybe Warmoth can sell Gibson some decent fingerboard wood in exchange to sell the LP.

LP, LPS, L5S, Firebird, Thunderbird, etc.

Wyliee said:
New, similar but non infringing, bodies will be available in the coming months.

This!!!  :icon_thumright:

I'll take any body contour in Warmoth quality over any infringing body style any day.

Looking forward to see the new GAS-inducers.  :blob7:

That gibson is so threatened by W that a cancelation had to be forced says enough to me.

Where am i going to get mu high quality guitars from now. huh? have you eved considered thag?

From now on its a warmothless world.

SustainerPlayer said:
Wyliee said:
New, similar but non infringing, bodies will be available in the coming months.

This!!!  :icon_thumright:

I'll take any body contour in Warmoth quality over any infringing body style any day.

Looking forward to see the new GAS-inducers.  :blob7:

Add a tummy cut and other tweeks and should be ok.  I am surprised they would even go after W.  Bolt on neck vs the Gibson set neck...

NQbass7 said:
Is this why they pumped out a bunch of F-Bird necks into the showcase, in preparation?

The challenge with Gibson products apparently only affects the bodies, not the necks. 
I freaked when I saw this message this morning because I had just purchased an LP body with ivoroid binding and I knew there was no lp neck in the showcase with ivoroid binding.  I immediately called Warmoth and spoke with Rob.  He assured me there was no foreseen challenge with necks, only bodies.  I can now breath again...
:rock-on:

Back