ANNOUNCEMENT: Changes are coming....

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Next week we plan to upgrade the forum software. Unofficial Warmoth will be down for a bit on Monday, then back up by Tuesday.

All content, user profiles, and passwords should be migrated. You'll just need to log back in with your current password.

Aaron, while the site is down, can you recommend some alternate activities that we might do to pass the time?

Cool.  this will be the third? UW migration that I have lived through  :headbang:

The Aaron said:
Spud said:
Aaron, while the site is down, can you recommend some alternate activities that we might do to pass the time?

Write a 2000 word report on all the ways potatoes can be prepared.

Hmmm, the humble spud does have a delightfully profound and storied culinary history........... :laughing7:

When my wife and I first met she found out I had some Irish ancestry and the conversation wound around to the Potato Famine, she said it was sad that all the Irish people had to eat were potatoes and that they were in a nutritional deficit.  I had to regretfully inform her that it was a lack of potatoes that caused the deficit, there being, more or less, nothing else to eat.  Anyway, no one ever died from eating too many potatoes!

How about do some Much Needed Clean-Up of old For Sale posts.
Some of these submissions date back to 2017.
If the item ain't sold by now, you should try a difference website.

The world is filled with nearly a myriad of potato varieties. Well, approximately 4,000 to be exact. This ubiquitous, starchy, tuber has graced the tables of both peasant and king throughout it's storied and occasionally tragic gastronomic history. We will explore the many simple and exotic ways potatoes are prepared throughout the world. Buckle up dear reader, as it's going to be an adrenaline fueled carnival ride!
Some potatoes are small, others quite large, they grow in many colors and textures. Each one a hidden underground miracle until plucked from the soil by enterprising hands. Once cleaned they can be peeled and boiled, fried, sliced, mashed.......................

Getting a head start for tomorrow. :icon_biggrin:

Spud said:
The world is filled with nearly a myriad of potato varieties. Well, approximately 4,000 to be exact. This ubiquitous, starchy, tuber has graced the tables of both peasant and king throughout it's storied and occasionally tragic gastronomic history. We will explore the many simple and exotic ways potatoes are prepared throughout the world. Buckle up dear reader, as it's going to be an adrenaline fueled carnival ride!
Some potatoes are small, others quite large, they grow in many colors and textures. Each one a hidden underground miracle until plucked from the soil by enterprising hands. Once cleaned they can be peeled and boiled, fried, sliced, mashed.......................

Getting a head start for tomorrow. :icon_biggrin:

Solid start.

I can't help but picture this scene from Forest Gump:

tumblr_mkjyqjD1Jd1qje4xjo1_500.gif

Wowzers! The changes have shazammed! I just wish I had more time to finish my fascinating essay on potatoes. Dang it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The look and feel are much better, and match the branding of the website now.

One migratory fallout is that links between posts will be broken.

For example, the link to the "Welcome to the Forum" thread, which itself contains lots of links that will need updating, is as follows.

Code:
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33815
Has become...
Code:
https://unofficialwarmoth.com/threads/welcome-to-the-forum.33815

If the change is consistent to the links, which I would expect, then the section of the URL index.php?topic= is replaced by threads/slug-name-of-post. - so until users can or do update links, cross-referencing between posts or from other sites will be broken, as will anything saved in browser favourites.

And likes or reactions have not been migrated across.

Things also such as recognitions of Senior Member - Master Member etc are gone.

Overall though, much better than the old forum software.

Last edited:
Back