[amateur hour] Rescuing a Warmoth Strat

• Thread starter weezingthejuicebodhi
  • Start date
Welp, them filthy animals at Warmoth are no-good-dirty-rotten-liars and the package actually arrived TODAY! Sheesh!

Here is one final preview. I'm torn, I do enjoy both and I know I'll have to bite the bullet on one.

ncX4HYP.jpg

fPtO2HU.jpg

Run it one way for awhile, then when you get bored, flip it to the other.

Shame you can't do that with wives...

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

It looks great to me, both ways.  I think I like the white a bit better, too, and I have a thing for all-black.  Welp, good thing they are fairly easy to swap around!

But wait! Two masked challengers appear from under the ring!

j2k3gQV.jpg

2LdHJ6h.jpg

Mayfly said:
Run it one way for awhile, then when you get bored, flip it to the other.

Shame you can't do that with wives...

Well, you can, but just once usually  :help:

ghotiphry said:
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

It looks great to me, both ways.  I think I like the white a bit better, too, and I have a thing for all-black.  Welp, good thing they are fairly easy to swap around!

You inspired the challengers!

Definitely the white pickguard. Given a choice between the cream and the black plastic ware, my vote's for the cream. Makes a great combo with that natural mahogany body! I'm think'n you got a winner there....
weezingthejuicebodhi said:

BigSteve22 said:
Definitely the white pickguard. Given a choice between the cream and the black plastic ware, my vote's for the cream. Makes a great combo with that natural mahogany body! I'm think'n you got a winner there....
+1

pabloman said:
I'd go for tortoise with cream bits. :headbanging:

You know in hindsight,  I agree. that would probably look killer. But - I'm just about done putting this hog together. Pictures to come soon!

And here goes nothing...

Ta-da
x76CZ1y.jpg

x4hDoPS.jpg

ni7uoOB.jpg

In the end I had to go with my gut, so I went with the colors I ordered initially. All were good choices though (and who knows maybe I swap it out sometime).

Here is one last comparison picture too:

2sxMbOM.jpg

Thank you again for all of your support and encouragement. This is a wonderful community and I'm glad I found you all. Such a refreshing change of pace from some other places out there.

I always wanted a Warmoth but I never pulled the trigger. Then I sort of stumbled into this one and I was just about to get rid of it! But now I'll probably make all of my 'premium' purchases from Warmoth builds - this was a ton of fun. I'll take some family pictures tomorrow and record some sound clips of this hog.

BigSteve22 said:
Certainly a vast improvement, nice work. And congrats on you new axe!  :icon_thumright:

Thank you! I'm very happy so far. I'm going to let it hang for a night, then make any necessary neck adjustments and set the bridge back up. I doodled with it on my practice amp, but I want to hear it at eleven now!

Yes, you did a fine job on it. Congrats.

Now you're hooked, too.  :icon_biggrin:

fdesalvo said:
Outstanding!  My fav kinds of threads.  Great rescue.

Thank you, it was a pleasure that it brought me here!

I did get around to some recording* (*because it is from a Fender Mustang USB Out, so it is a digital representation of how it SHOULD sound lol). I will try to do some proper recording later...

https://clyp.it/ge1ycu2d

Wow, I like that "sixty seconds" idea at Reddit.  I may finally have to sign up so I can participate.

And more particularly, your track sounds good - both as a performance and sonically.  What were your settings on the Mustang?  I have the Mustang III (version 1) here and am looking into laying down some tracks.

Bagman67 said:
Wow, I like that "sixty seconds" idea at Reddit.  I may finally have to sign up so I can participate.

And more particularly, your track sounds good - both as a performance and sonically.  What were your settings on the Mustang?  I have the Mustang III (version 1) here and am looking into laying down some tracks.

Yeah - Reddit as a whole is pretty neat so long as you can keep an arm's length. The audience tends to heavily lean on the young and trendy side, but with that said there are great parts too. I figured I need more hobbies and activities to take part in and that seemed as good as anything to get started.

Thank you - I appreciate that! Part of the reason I started that activity is so I can force myself to hear what I'm playing and break out of the Pentatonic rut. To be blunt, I don't remember what settings I used. I do know I replaced 6-7 of the stock presets with settings off of the Fender Fuse site.

I was recommended downloading the presets from the Fender Fuse user 'intheblues'. So all of my replacement presets were made by him. You can do a CTRL+F for intheblues here and find a couple: https://fuse.fender.com/mustangv2/presets/?q=&genre=&sort=popularity&limit=100

I BELIEVE I used the 'SRV Little Wing' preset, but its been so long since I've loaded them that I could be wrong. Let me know if you need help - but it is pretty straight forward as long as you have the USB cable for the amp -> PC.

I did get around to some recording* (*because it is from a Fender Mustang USB Out, so it is a digital representation of how it SHOULD sound lol). I will try to do some proper recording later...

https://clyp.it/ge1ycu2d

That sounds great. Awesome!  :icon_thumright:

Back