24 3/4 conversion strat take two

I seem to have bought another neck! I ordered it, and then it appeared at my door, almost like magic!!  :toothy12:
Seriously, I like these necks so much that I had to have another one. I put the first one on a black Warmoth swamp ash body and played it until I was finished with the black limba body, and then put it on there. Now the Warmoth body is mad at me and is currently sulking in the corner. :laughing7: So I got it this neck to appease it. :icon_tongue: Which means I have to get yet another neck to make something this winter. :bananaguitar:

Try as you might, you cannot exhaust Warmoth's supply of necks. The building was cursed by an old gypsy hipster about 40 years ago. People buy necks from them all the time, but no sooner do they ship them and more show up on the shelves. It's spooky.

Congrats. Those necks just beg to be ordered, don't they?

From the square fretboard extension, it looks like it might be a conversion.

Cagey said:
Try as you might, you cannot exhaust Warmoth's supply of necks. The building was cursed by an old gypsy hipster about 40 years ago. People buy necks from them all the time, but no sooner do they ship them and more show up on the shelves. It's spooky.

Wow that's crazy talk!!  :laughing11: It's like it's the opposite of a black hole, it's a white hole!  :toothy12: Do these necks grow on trees or something??!!  :icon_tongue: :icon_tongue:

Rgand said:

Yup, probably the biggest reason is that I break a lot less E strings when in standard tuning than the 25.5" scale.

fuzznut said:
Do these necks grow on trees or something??!!

Don't be silly. Necks don't grow on trees. They're mostly made of hardwoods imported from exotic lands. Who knows where the exotic lands get it? Anyway, legend has it that they're gently nibbled into being by virgin nubile wood nymphs in the surrounding forests of the foothills of Mt. Rainier.

fuzznut said:
Rgand said:

Yup, probably the biggest reason is that I break a lot less E strings when in standard tuning than the 25.5" scale.
They're nice necks. I have another one coming for my next build.

fuzznut said:
I seem to have bought another neck! I ordered it, and then it appeared at my door, almost like magic!!  :toothy12:
Seriously, I like these necks so much that I had to have another one. I put the first one on a black Warmoth swamp ash body and played it until I was finished with the black limba body, and then put it on there. Now the Warmoth body is mad at me and is currently sulking in the corner. :laughing7: So I got it this neck to appease it. :icon_tongue: Which means I have to get yet another neck to make something this winter. :bananaguitar:

I approve of this sort of thing.

Cagey said:
Don't be silly. Necks don't grow on trees. They're mostly made of hardwoods imported from exotic lands. Who knows where the exotic lands get it? Anyway, legend has it that they're gently nibbled into being by virgin nubile wood nymphs in the surrounding forests of the foothills of Mt. Rainier.

Who knew?? This sounds like a plausible explanation!  :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing7: :toothy10: :toothy12: :toothy11: :icon_tongue:

Back