You'll either love it or hate it

Haha, thanks everyone..... and Mayfly's wife. I really appreciate the suggestions, although I pretty much ignored them.  My local luthier had a bunch of pickguards to give me an idea of how it would look with the different options. The black and white perloid actually didn't didn't fit it at all.

Unwound G said:
Good looking build.  Totally overshadows this..................
That's actually what gave me the idea. I saw it and was like, "I WANT IT!" It was about 3 grand so that didn't happen. :doh:

rockskate4x said:
I'm so glad you didn't completely copy the fender. That thing is extremely ugly...

+1 on that.  When I first saw it I wondered what were they thinking?  Now i've seen yours I get it  :glasses9:

New pics. Replaced the mape/rosewood neck with a canary/ebony neck, switched out the chrome jackplate with a black one (looks cleaner now), and of course added a neck plate that's far more Dangerous :headbang:
105E0545-1.jpg

105E0546.jpg

105_0568.jpg

105_0577.jpg

105_0570.jpg

Wow, that's nice. I admit it took me a while to figure out why I might hate this Strat. The switches? the black? Oh, it's a Tele!

Rich

taez555 said:
What made you switch from the maple/rose to canary/ebony?   

Guitar is awesome btw. :rock-on:

Because everything is better naked?

knucklehead G said:
taez555 said:
What made you switch from the maple/rose to canary/ebony?   

Guitar is awesome btw. :rock-on:

Because everything is better naked?

Well that, and the fact that my other guitar was in need of a new neck, Warmoth had that sale, and I heard nothing but good things about canary. The stars aligned and I had a new neck.

I'm quite surprised at how much I like that.  :icon_biggrin:

However, it COULD be the pool shot.  :laughing7:

Absolutely Love it. Even before seeing it complete, that flame top just makes it. Excellent job.

Duuuuuuude that's awesome, I love the tele with the strat pg. I think they look bad ass together... :icon_thumright:

Although I do think an all canary neck would go better with it... :dontknow:

Blue313 said:
I'm quite surprised at how much I like that.  :icon_biggrin:

However, it COULD be the pool shot.  :laughing7:
Hey, it worked for Marko. Plus it really helps keep your eyes off the dust and light scratches on the pickguard I can't help but notice and just pointed out when I should have kept it to myself because now everyone will notice and it will detract from the look of the guitaaarrr-*deep breath* phew.

VERY cool. i don't know how i missed this until now! that top is awesome, but the concept is cooler!  :icon_thumright:

Ok, two questions:
What should I name this thing?
Should I post it under the strat or tele section of the customer galleries?

Its not a Tele, its a singlecut Strat.

Hey, you got your Telecaster in my Stratocaster!

Then again, its possible I've been mixing espresso and NyQuil again and that wasn't funny..

Back