You'll either love it or hate it

CouchSpud

My first post that's actually worth looking at. Got my body about 6 weeks earlier than expected. Couldn't be much happier with the result.

NewBlue.jpg

NewBlue2.jpg

-Swamp ash body with a flame maple top.

I've got everything ready for it but the neck and the pickguard. The neck will be a maple/rosewood with an angled strat headstock. The pickguard is going to have to be custom made (a strat pickguard works, but it doesn't look quite right. Call me picky)

mayfly

I love it.

Actually, I was thinking of building something the other way 'round.  That is, a strat with tele bridge and pickups

W

Watershed

Love it. 
That upper horn is overrated.
:icon_thumright:

CouchSpud

Any suggestions for the pickguard. I'm putting in a black Wilkinson trem, black pups as well, chrome/black jack plate.... black knobs... I'm starting to think a black pickguard would be a bit much.:-\

blue313

mayfly said:
I love it.
Love it too.  :icon_thumright:

mayfly said:
Actually, I was thinking of building something the other way 'round.  That is, a strat with tele bridge and pickups
Wait, Wait, Wait...hold the phone.  I thought you weren't too fond of Strats.  :icon_scratch:

dmraco

CouchSpud said:
Any suggestions for the pickguard. I'm putting in a black Wilkinson trem, black pups as well, chrome/black jack plate.... black knobs... I'm starting to think a black pickguard would be a bit much.:-\

go with a black pearloid...
62_black_pearl.jpg
pickguard heaven
or
warmoth silver pearl or black pearl....
http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/ColorMaterials.aspx

mayfly

Blue313 said:
mayfly said:
I love it.

mayfly said:
Wait, Wait, Wait...hold the phone.  I thought you weren't too fond of Strats.  :icon_scratch:

One must be able to put prejudice aside to on the way to enlightenment.

CouchSpud

dmraco said:
CouchSpud said:

62_black_pearl.jpg
pickguard heaven
or

I'll look into that when I go to get it made. I've been deadset on having a solid colored pickguard but now that it's coming together I'm not quite sure.

CouchSpud

mayfly said:
Blue313 said:
mayfly said:
I love it.

mayfly said:

Amen to that

W

Watershed

CouchSpud said:
dmraco said:
CouchSpud said:

62_black_pearl.jpg
pickguard heaven
or

I'll look into that when I go to get it made. I've been deadset on having a solid colored pickguard but now that it's coming together I'm not quite sure.

You could get away with it...

blue313

mayfly said:
Blue313 said:
mayfly said:
I love it.

mayfly said:

Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.  :eek:ccasion14:

mayfly

Blue313 said:
mayfly said:
Blue313 said:
mayfly said:
I love it.

mayfly said:

Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.  :eek:ccasion14:

I've been listening a lot to Joel Plaskett lately.  He get's some wonderful groovy strat tones.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDgkcx9ric[/youtube]

MUYFUE

It may look pretty shnazzy with the "Vintage Pearl" color Warmoth offers. Especiallly with the black pups, it'll be a nice accent. :glasses9:

erogenousjones17

Joel Plaskett?!? Wow, I've never seen anyone anywhere mention Joel Plaskett (outside of a college campus or CBC radio of course)!  :laughing11:

Interesting side note: Joel Plaskett played a solo acoustic show at my university while I was getting my B.A. It was terrible. However, the guy has some good songs, and yes Mayfly, good funky Strat tones!  :icon_thumright: