- Top strat jack
- Strat Pickguard
- Knobs and switch layout like a strat
- Non tele Bridge
- The fact it even has a trem
- Tummy cut and arm contours

Tele elements
-body

I know that one single element defines it as a tele, and yes you can have all those things on a tele but man... once you combine them all into one guitar it feels like a strat to me.  :)

I vote we need a need catagory for single cutaway strat. ;-)

Damn... I should have allowed more time for the vote. I already submitted it to the tele gallery. Oh well, no big whoop.
Now for a name...

CouchSpud said:
Any suggestions for the pickguard. I'm putting in a black Wilkinson trem, black pups as well, chrome/black jack plate.... black knobs... I'm starting to think a black pickguard would be a bit much.:-\

A white perluloid would look nice

ironeddie said:
CouchSpud said:
Any suggestions for the pickguard. I'm putting in a black Wilkinson trem, black pups as well, chrome/black jack plate.... black knobs... I'm starting to think a black pickguard would be a bit much.:-\

A white perluloid would look nice

I tried it out when I was choosing the pickguard and it didn't really work. The black/white/black pickguard ended up looking the best.

CouchSpud said:
Damn... I should have allowed more time for the vote. I already submitted it to the tele gallery. Oh well, no big whoop.
Now for a name...
Is the shield I put on the plate Scottish by chance...?

Very cool, but not a tele. You need at least two of: tele body, tele headstock, tele bridge, tele pickups, tele control plate to make a tele. This one only has the tele body, every other aspect is super strat. Sorry, but them's the rules.  :icon_thumright:

tfarny said:
Very cool, but not a tele. You need at least two of: tele body, tele headstock, tele bridge, tele pickups, tele control plate to make a tele. This one only has the tele body, every other aspect is super strat. Sorry, but them's the rules.  :icon_thumright:

The Tele Deluxe doesn't fit that criteria, yet still a Tele because of the body.  The Tele Deluxe has 2 hums, a Strat Hardtail bridge, CBS Strat headstock, Strat neck pocket, and LP control layout.  

This thing is neither Strat or Tele, but somehow both.  I would call it a Tele before calling it a Strat.  It has the Tele's footprint, and although the Strat and Tele have a similar enough footprint to both use the same case, the molds would be different.  Besides, when ordering and asked what body, there could be only one answer.  Tele.  Everything else was options.

Back