Which George Lynch Guitar is your favorite.

JamesL said:
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
imminentG said:
I can't even begin to imagine the warped perception that dubbed those styles "cool"
not to mention that even with all its retarded style and everything, it is STILL a far more musically distinct decade than anything post new millenium.

Seriously, the degredation of music in this new decade is absolutely killing me

+1 Can't stand modern music. John Mayer, White Stripes, and the Killers are probably the best right now.
You need to take another look around and leave the kindergarden stuff alone...John is a good musician, but certainly not the best around today..As for the White Stripes and the Killers, please....

THANK YOU!!! I totally agree, the mainstream stuff is poo... But if you look further down in the underground world there's TONS of good music...

The "Suckage" of popular music isn't because of todays musicians, It's caused by the media and radio DJ's who only play certain songs in certain kinds of music... If you want want good music in today's world you have to go to live shows and explore the internet for underground music...

Yea, what he said.  I've always been of the opinion that 90% of every music style is crap.  But that last 10%, and I don't care if it's country or hip hop, is the best stuff you've ever heard.  You just have to dig for it.

mayfly said:
JamesL said:
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
imminentG said:
I can't even begin to imagine the warped perception that dubbed those styles "cool"
not to mention that even with all its retarded style and everything, it is STILL a far more musically distinct decade than anything post new millenium.

Seriously, the degredation of music in this new decade is absolutely killing me

+1 Can't stand modern music. John Mayer, White Stripes, and the Killers are probably the best right now.
You need to take another look around and leave the kindergarden stuff alone...John is a good musician, but certainly not the best around today..As for the White Stripes and the Killers, please....

THANK YOU!!! I totally agree, the mainstream stuff is poo... But if you look further down in the underground world there's TONS of good music...

The "Suckage" of popular music isn't because of todays musicians, It's caused by the media and radio DJ's who only play certain songs in certain kinds of music... If you want want good music in today's world you have to go to live shows and explore the internet for underground music...

Yea, what he said.  I've always been of the opinion that 90% of every music style is crap.  But that last 10%, and I don't care if it's country or hip hop, is the best stuff you've ever heard.  You just have to dig for it.

Yeah, except 50% of '80s Rock was good...About 98% of '90s Grunge sucks...

T.L. said:
Yeah, except 50% of '80s Rock was good...About 98% of '90s Grunge sucks...

Hmm, I would have said that 89% of the 90s grunge sucked, while 99% of 80s rock sucked.

almost ALL mainstream music sucks.  If you dig, you will find great musicians in all sorts of styles. 

80's vs. 90's.....the 80's had some great players, Mr. Lynch was definitely one of them.  But so much of the "hair" stuff had no substance.

The 90's seemed reversed.  Great substance but no great players.  Metal will always have a few players by it's nature but grunge was a different animal.

And what I mean by metal is the Stuff that even existed (or made it through) the early 90's.  Pantera, Metallica, Ozzy...like cockroaches metal will never really go away.

But you still had grunge guys like Billy Corgan, Stone Gossard/Mike McCready, Kim Thayil/Cris Cornell, Jerry Cantrell, J. Masics, etc.  These guys arent Clapton/Beck/Page but they are all solid guitarists.  The 90's had to happen...the music biz needed an enima. (might need one again)

this is all just my opinion though....

and for the record I love the yellow tiger guitar (the original beat to sh#t mighty mite/charvel one).....the Kamikaze graphic was sort of a stolen Idea from Amir Derakh who had a bunch of Charvel/Jackson's with WWII fighter graphics long before GL.  (he stole his hair cut too)

They all look pretty awful to me  :tard:

And the 80's did have a few bright spots, like Peter Gabriel, U2, David Sylvian, Laurie Anderson and Talking Heads. Also Tom Waits' amazing reinvention and an astounding incarnation of King Crimson.

kboman said:
They all look pretty awful to me  :tard:

And the 80's did have a few bright spots, like Peter Gabriel, U2, David Sylvian, Laurie Anderson and Talking Heads. Also Tom Waits' amazing reinvention and an astounding incarnation of King Crimson.

Yes to the Talking Heads, and also Television, Daniel Johnston, Black Flag, Michael Hedges, Brian Eno, Stevie Ray, the Pixies... I could go on. But I stand by my statement that most of the 80s sucked.

Back