Which George Lynch Guitar is your favorite.

Max said:
imminentG said:
I can't even begin to imagine the warped perception that dubbed those styles "cool"
not to mention that even with all its retarded style and everything, it is STILL a far more musically distinct decade than anything post new millenium.

Seriously, the degredation of music in this new decade is absolutely killing me

+1 Can't stand modern music. John Mayer, White Stripes, and the Killers are probably the best right now.
You need to take another look around and leave the kindergarden stuff alone...John is a good musician, but certainly not the best around today..As for the White Stripes and the Killers, please....

Disagree about modern music being dead. You just have to look harder. On the major labels, yes, the music world blows right now. If you hunt through the independent labels, there are hundreds of incredible acts throughout all genres. Half of what I listen to was recorded in the last 10 years. If you look hard, there is a rich selection of music available.

imminentG said:
I can't even begin to imagine the warped perception that dubbed those styles "cool"

I think the instrument should be an extension of your personality, tonally and cosmeticly

maybe it's just me

but hey man, the 80's gave us a lot of great acts

not to mention that even with all its retarded style and everything, it is STILL a far more musically distinct decade than anything post new millenium.

when they look back (the way you do at the 70s and such), guess what they'll remember this decade for musically.

see you don't have to guess, you already know. just don't even say it
Dude don't be baggin' on the 80's.... :headbang1: ,as you said the 80's yieled some of the  most creative and talented musicians to date...And actually most of them were actually around in the 70's, they just saved thier best work for the 80's..Every decade had it's own thing, look at  the 70's for tie dyed shirts and bell bottoms.... :dontknow:

Ugh, POPULAR modern music sucks, everything or 99% of whats on mtv and vh1 sucks, less well known stuff is still quite awesome, ie. progressive rock bands, good guitar players still kill it :party07:

Edit: I myself actually like the tiger striped black and yellow, yay 80's, if only i was around

I like the first one, except it would look better as a bengal bursted quilt maple top rather than a bengal tiger graphic, IMHO.

I've always been partial to the Serpent...something to do with the black/white, yen/yang contrast.  Part Eastern, part Tribal, part Celtic.  I'm a sucker for a reverse headstock too.  It used to be available in an ESP version years ago.  I could've sworn too that he had an offset body version as well.  Kind of like the left-hand body with right-hand orientation that caused a stir here a while back.

GL-Serpent-600.jpg

RockStarNick said:
Those guitars look horrifically outdated.  Swords and Skulls and snakes isn't exactly a timeless look.   :icon_biggrin:

That was the cover of the "Lynch Mob" album, circa 1990-91.  Grunge was about to free us of hair metal.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I've always been partial to the Serpent...something to do with the black/white, yen/yang contrast.  Part Eastern, part Tribal, part Celtic.  I'm a sucker for a reverse headstock too.  It used to be available in an ESP version years ago.  I could've sworn too that he had an offset body version as well.  Kind of like the left-hand body with right-hand orientation that caused a stir here a while back.

GL-Serpent-600.jpg

I find I quite like this one as an art piece.  But is the Celtic thing outdated these days?

I remember playing a Lynch model ESP at a guitar store in Las Vegas circa 1998, and bring suprised at A. how well it played, and B. how insanely heavy it was.  What kind of wood were they.  Perhaps I picked up a dud... or a LTD my mistake.  but it was in the "expensive" room...

I can never seem to post attachments, so here's a link to my favorite GL model. I modified an LTD with a new paint job:

http://www.alivenotdead.com/seantierney/My+Guitars+and+-Guitar+World.--profile-141826.html?album_1_page_2

stratplayer1 said:
Ugh, POPULAR modern music sucks
Correct.

As for looking harder for non-mainstream music, I turn to my sister, everything and anything that nobody knows about, some good some no so good.

I built 2 Warmoth Guitars for a buddy of mine, a few nights ago, Nov 6th,  George came to Portland for some thing, not sure why, But my buddy showed off his Warmoth Guitars to George and He loved them, Even signed the back of the headstocks.

Well I had a point to all of this but i forget....Oh yeh, Your favorite George Lynch guitar could be a W. Turns out that G doesn't even use SD pickups that bere his name

DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
imminentG said:

+1 Can't stand modern music. John Mayer, White Stripes, and the Killers are probably the best right now.
You need to take another look around and leave the kindergarden stuff alone...John is a good musician, but certainly not the best around today..As for the White Stripes and the Killers, please....

THANK YOU!!! I totally agree, the mainstream stuff is poo... But if you look further down in the underground world there's TONS of good music...

The "Suckage" of popular music isn't because of todays musicians, It's caused by the media and radio DJ's who only play certain songs in certain kinds of music... If you want want good music in today's world you have to go to live shows and explore the internet for underground music...

THANK YOU!!! I totally agree, the mainstream stuff is poo... But if you look further down in the underground world there's TONS of good music...

The "Suckage" of popular music isn't because of todays musicians, It's caused by the media and radio DJ's who only play certain songs in certain kinds of music... If you want want good music in today's world you have to go to live shows and explore the internet for underground music...

:icon_thumright: +1000

My favorite GL guitar is "Haji" (Skulls & snakes). It's made of alder, has a Jackson Soloist body shape,  has a humbucker @ the bridge and a single @ the neck. I especially like the traditional headstock shape on it. I don't like his other models, because the maple bodies are way too heavy and bright, and I especially hate those hocky-stick shaped headstocks...

RockStarNick said:
Those guitars look horrifically outdated.  Swords and Skulls and snakes isn't exactly a timeless look.  :icon_biggrin:

My Warmoth build will be based on that model, but WITHOUT the skulls & snakes. I just like the guitar itself...

Back