When did the site change?

hannaugh

Master Member
I haven't really browsed the Warmoth site in a week or so.  When did the layout get all different?

never mind.... I just checked warmoth.com.... somehow I assumed we were talking about the forum  :laughing7: :tard:

It changed just a little while ago. I was on there ordering my neck, one minute it was normal. Then boom, it was different.... :icon_scratch:

Eek... It's auto translating into something that looks like Dutch but is sufficiently backward that the effect is maybe funny but certainly not professional....

i hate it  :-\  but i'll get over it. as long as their awesome inventory pictures are on their new site i'll be fine  :icon_biggrin:

I actually kinda like the new look better.  Personally, I still liked the old old site better.  The white was more inviting and I liked the basic HTML better.  All the new flash makes navigating a pain in the butt.    Although.. the option to design your own neck and/or body with prices is pretty sweet.

just my $.02

Tell us specifics about the translation app. We'd like to know exactly what works and what does not if possible. That's how we make things better. Thanks!  :icon_thumright: Oh hey, check out the new standard Strat page layout. We're planning on doing all the body pages in that style. You have to give us time to work out the bugs though.

As a graphic designer I say this is a step in the right direction from Warmoth, looks way cleaner and easy to read :icon_thumright:

Gregg said:
Oh hey, check out the new standard Strat page layout. We're planning on doing all the body pages in that style. You have to give us time to work out the bugs though.

i like it! the strat page is very cool. and this might be a little off the wall, but any thought on offering some cool graphics like that as a background option? could be cool to have backgrounds offered under the "Support" tab or something. if it wouldn't be too much trouble to load a few on there i think it would be very cool. maybe i should put this in the suggestion box actually  :icon_biggrin:

Gregg said:
Tell us specifics about the translation app. We'd like to know exactly what works and what does not if possible. That's how we make things better. Thanks!  :icon_thumright:

Well - the translations is best described like those Nigerian scam letters ...

As many of the words are technically terms describing guitar parts etc. I'll guess it will confuse a less confident buyer more than it would help because of the bad translation.

Gregg said:
Oh hey, check out the new standard Strat page layout. We're planning on doing all the body pages in that style. You have to give us time to work out the bugs though.

I kinda like that!  It's nice to see all of the control/routing options appear on a sample body.  If you did the Gecko pages like that, I'd be a happy man.   :icon_thumright:

One point of concern: how is this site going to work on a smaller browsing device such as iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad?  The older site was very slow to load on these, and I assume the new site will be the same if not a bit slower.  Is there a plan to make a "mobile" version of the Warmoth site that (a) loads more quickly and (b) gives me access to the data and information but not necessarily the interactive form elements on the new site?

I really like the strat page.  No translation problems for me - its all in English and reads OK

I'm loving the layout so far. My only problem, as I stated back when they flipped it a few months back, is I don't like the black background with light colored text. It leaves shadows on your corneas if you read more than a line of text. Other than that.....
MULLY

Back