Warmoth international shipping

memecode

So I'm interested in this in stock neck, and the cheapest shipping to Australia is $185. Which seem... steep?

The USPS site lists that sort of cost would be for like 30lbs of weight. Does a neck in a box ready to ship really weigh 30lbs?

Hmm press X to doubt.

Here are the actual numbers:

$185.83 UPS Worldwide Saver United Parcel Service
$204.75 Priority Mail International United States Postal Service

Not sure … did you send warmoth an email to ask if their shipping cost is accurate given weight and dimensions and tracking and insurance?
Did you try looking at shipping costs from other neck makers, like fender or music craft?

Last edited:
Not sure … did you send warmoth an email to ask if their shipping cost is accurate given weight and dimensions and tracking and insurance?
Did you try looking at shipping costs from other neck makers, like fender or music craft?

Yes! and they responded with:

I’m afraid that these are our shipping prices.
Please let me know how I can further assist you!

I actually checked the weight and country on the USPS site and it was about $88 for 2kg... which I felt was the right ball park for a shipped neck. Could be wrong on that. But the Warmoth shipping is complete BS.

Stratosphere: $80
parklaneguitars.com: $85

So I'm not going crazy... those are the actual rates. Warmoth is just taking the piss here...

@Rick the shipping costs would be for a neck from Musikraft last time I ordered one were $75.00 via USPS Priority and $165 for UPS Worldwide Expedited, from about 15 months ago to Europe.

As another none US customer, the shipping of a $267 neck to Europe with Warmoth.

$137.16Priority Mail InternationalUnited States Postal Service
$148.64UPS Worldwide SaverUnited Parcel Service

Or if I add a body and battery box to the cart then it is $199.53 & $232.38 respectively. Then, of course, you have import charges and taxes which here are also added to the cost of shipping, which bumps it up again.

So if I start with a $267 neck, by the time UPS and customs etc are added on, the cost has now become about double that. Then the project is not worth it any longer.

Then pickguards or other small items, it is not even worth trying to order. Here are the shipping options to Belgium for a $30 pickguard.

$35.10First-Class Package International ServiceUnited States Postal Service
$105.03Priority Mail InternationalUnited States Postal Service
$117.70UPS Worldwide SaverUnited Parcel Service

Of course, the shipping charge perhaps includes the packaging and handling costs but it is still over the top.

Warmoth take this as constructive criticism, but while you cannot do anything about customs charges, have a look at the shipping costs as you are losing international business.

Stewmac offer StewMax for example for a 1-year membership only €49.36 giving year round free international shipping + discounts on products etc. The only time I paid extra was when I had a fret Arbor press sent and there was a surcharge for the weight, which made sense. You can also choose to pay a little extra for express shipping, but that is a choice. So if I ordered a neck from them the shipping if I already have StewMax is effectively free.

Last edited:
Yes! and they responded with:

I’m afraid that these are our shipping prices.
Please let me know how I can further assist you!

I actually checked the weight and country on the USPS site and it was about $88 for 2kg... which I felt was the right ball park for a shipped neck. Could be wrong on that. But the Warmoth shipping is complete BS.

Stratosphere: $80
parklaneguitars.com: $85

So I'm not going crazy... those are the actual rates. Warmoth is just taking the piss here...
Yep, I'm hearing ya...
I'm looking at doing another order of 2 necks after about 4yrs of being otherwise busy.. ....
But it's about $300 USD- or about $230 usd for one neck, in freight to my address in Australia !!!
Last time it was about $75 usd for one neck from memory..
By comparison companies like Stratosphere, etc can ship necks for $90 USD, & express air freight too !! !!
Totally unjustified price mark up / gouging by Warmoth..
I wish I had a good friend in the USA who could just forward air mail the order to me at a normal price,...
- just to avoid the Warmoth freight price scam on principle ..

Back