When did the site change?

Yes, I too like the new strat page.  The new looks just has a fresher appearance. 
However, anyway on my system, this thing is slow.  I have to sit and wait while each page slowly loads.
Every page was always instant on the old site.  Anyway, I am sure it will get better.
Gotta keep moving forward  :headbang1:

I like the new site layout and design.  One question though (and this may be totally unrelated to the website changes), is the neck contour page accurate for the Custom Neck Back contours where the first column refers to the "1st Fret" and the next column is title "2nd fret"?  The second column for the Standard Back Contours is labeled "12th fret".  Should the second column for the Custom Neck Back contours be labled 12th fret too?

I think that it looks better and more professional.  Having said that... everyone is always resistant to the change of their favourite site.  Over time we will all heal and learn to love the new site as much as the old one.

as long as there is no further price increase (like with the last site change) I won't complain about anything at all!!!  :icon_biggrin:

Actually, I changed the language to dutch, just for fun and had a hard time switching it back  :sad1:

CrackedPepper said:
I like the new site layout and design.  One question though (and this may be totally unrelated to the website changes), is the neck contour page accurate for the Custom Neck Back contours where the first column refers to the "1st Fret" and the next column is title "2nd fret"?  The second column for the Standard Back Contours is labeled "12th fret".  Should the second column for the Custom Neck Back contours be labled 12th fret too?
Typo - fixed - thanks!

I really like the look and feel of the site, it's just the automated translation that doesn't cut it for me. I had a look at Dutch, German and French, and neither of them are very good. And once you opt to have the site translated, getting rid of the translation is not very straightforward.

Just to give you an idea, on the homepage already, 'Build your custom neck or body online' becomes 'Bouwen aangepaste nek of instantie online' which is complete gibberish. A guitar has a 'hals', not a 'nek', even though both of them mean neck. 'Instantie' would refer to a political or organisational body, not a guitar body. That would probably just remain 'body'. So it should probably translate to 'BOUW online uw aangepaste hals of body'. Added complication to the automated translation is that words which are not in the dictionary remain untranslated, and something which is very easy to underestimate is that text which is not pure text (images containing text or flash) will not be translated at all. I think you can spend a considerable amount of time fine tuning this and it will still not make things much clearer to non-native english speaking visitors.

Gregg, I don't see the 24-fret by 24.75 scale option listed yet, I recall you mentioning it in another thread recently.  Will that feature be made viewable for the bodies/necks that it applies to soon?

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Gregg, I don't see the 24-fret by 24.75 scale option listed yet, I recall you mentioning it in another thread recently.  Will that feature be made viewable for the bodies/necks that it applies to soon?
Not for awhile yet. You can probably buy one by calling in for a quote since that line is pretty much ready to go physically, but admin is not ready so the web team is tackling other critical tasks.

ByteFrenzy said:
I really like the look and feel of the site, it's just the automated translation that doesn't cut it for me. I had a look at Dutch, German and French, and neither of them are very good. And once you opt to have the site translated, getting rid of the translation is not very straightforward.

Just to give you an idea, on the homepage already, 'Build your custom neck or body online' becomes 'Bouwen aangepaste nek of instantie online' which is complete gibberish. A guitar has a 'hals', not a 'nek', even though both of them mean neck. 'Instantie' would refer to a political or organisational body, not a guitar body. That would probably just remain 'body'. So it should probably translate to 'BOUW online uw aangepaste hals of body'. Added complication to the automated translation is that words which are not in the dictionary remain untranslated, and something which is very easy to underestimate is that text which is not pure text (images containing text or flash) will not be translated at all. I think you can spend a considerable amount of time fine tuning this and it will still not make things much clearer to non-native english speaking visitors.

Agreed. Automated translation is just not a good idea. Translation is all about the collocations, clauses and context, not the individual words themselves, which is how most automated translation programs work. If you need someone to translate from English to French, I know some people. And I don't necessarily mean myself.  :laughing7:

ByteFrenzy said:

Yeah, the Japanese translations are quite a bit jibberish too. I think using a Google Translator is a bad idea. It probably makes more sense to non-native speakers straight forward in English. One thing I've come to realize all my years over here is that no matter what language you speak the terms for certain things usually come out in English with that country's own pronunciation.
MULLY

line6man said:
mullyman said:
Hey, what happened to the "Screaming Deals" section? Am I missing it somehow?
MULLY

Same place it was before.  :icon_scratch:
http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?deals=true&Path=Deals,Bodies&Body=2

Good God, I totally looked right past that link at the bottom of the list. I was concentrating on trying to find the advertisement like they used to have. Cool. Glad it's still there. There's a pewter strat body with some spray specks on the back that could possibly end up in my arsenal.
MULLY

mullyman said:
ByteFrenzy said:

Yeah, the Japanese translations are quite a bit jibberish too. I think using a Google Translator is a bad idea. It probably makes more sense to non-native speakers straight forward in English. One thing I've come to realize all my years over here is that no matter what language you speak the terms for certain things usually come out in English with that country's own pronunciation.
MULLY

We put "Baby Got Back" through Babelfish from English to German one time.  The first line was "I like big butts (not butt like a person's butt, butt like a cigarette butt) and I can not lie down."

Back