what's for dinner at your place

Max said:
big bob said:
I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer

guess what I'm making.. 
MAN SALAD!

I just finished making deviled eggs for the first time. I really liked how they tasted, but they sure aren't pretty. I'll need to work on peeking technique.

A man salad would be deviled sperm, not eggs.

ouch

well I am doing chicken catetore
Marinara sauce
and pasta
garlic bread
grilled asparagus
and Chianti

Porkloin medallions with au jus and carmelized onions
Pasta with garlic sauce
Lemon pepper veggies
Greek salad
Fresh cantaloupe

tonight was easy
Salad night, had a garden salad with a wine vinegrette and a side of apples and watermelon slices
Glass of Chardonnay, well 3 glasses

Visited my daughter in San Juan Capistrano. Shrimp Scampi and salad with ranch. She's turned into a wonderful cook (hard for me to think she's still not a little girl).

73854_495736985287_564445287_7525115_4738992_n.jpg

Salad, corn, crutons and chicken!
I'M HEALTHY!

...not really... this is what happens when u have a girl over to coock for you.

Not for dinner, but a good late-night snack or for breakfast...

This is absolutely the best banana bread I've ever eaten, and I've had a lot of it from a number of sources. It has an unusual ingredient that you wouldn't think would work, but is absolutely magical - coffee! It's one of those things where you don't really taste it, it just changes the character of the thing in a good way.

The walnut business is optional. They're a good flavor, but personally I don't appreciate their texture in a bread product. YMMV. Where they appear in the recipe, I've parenthesized their participation. I've made it both ways, and it's great either way.

Best Banana Bread

Time: approx. 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: approx. 1 hour 15 minutes
Makes 1 8x4 inch loaf

You will need:
1/4 cup butter, softened (not melted!)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
3 ripe bananas (they should be nearly black)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp Espresso grounds, or even just Folger's French Roast crystals
1 tsp vanilla
(2 cups lightly crushed walnuts)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions:

Eric_Cartman_Angry.gif

Do this in this order! I'm seriously!

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. DO IT NOW!

2. Lightly grease or spray some PAM in an 8"x10" bread loaf pan

3. In a large-ish bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, espresso and vanilla. It'll end up a thick paste, and dark. Do not be alarmed.

4. At this point, add in the bananas, egg (and 1 3/4 cups of the walnuts). Gradually mix in the flour and baking soda until it's just combined. It'll look much like puke. Fortunately, it'll smell a lot better.

5. Pour into properly prepared baking pan. (Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup crushed walnuts, and lightly pat them into the batter)

6. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. USE A TIMER! You did preheat the oven, didn't you?

7. When the timer starts bitching, yank the thing out of the oven and dump it out of the pan and onto a cooling rack right away.

8. Give it a 1/2 hour or so to cool just a bit, and slice some off. Put some butter on it, and eat it.

You're welcome.

The Norwegian Guy said:
Salad, corn, crutons and chicken!
I'M HEALTHY!

...not really... this is what happens when u have a girl over to coock for you.

The BITCH! bet the sex was worth it though  :laughing7:

It is 5:30 in the morning, gig ended at 4 am, was drinking Dobblebocks all night, got home and opened the fridge to see what was for dinner, Do you really want me to discribe what Leftovers I managed to scape together into a bowl, apply a mass amount of nuke energy to and wash down with a Couple of MGDs? Or can you live without the picture?

I tried a new recipe for making fried potatoes, with RAW! ones: http://www.heckd.com/wiki/Make_Fried_Potatoes

Kind of weird, but was allright. Had some nice salad as well.

Making am Irish stew
The smell is about to drive me nuts
I got a good deal on Lambs meat Sunday So I decided to make it this week

well, tonight is going be a smorgasbord, I got in after a party last night and fired up the Smoker, Have been stoking it for a while and have it going at 175 stable, so I set in 2 briskets, about to add a few Tritips, When the grocery store opens today I will go and get stuff to make sausage so I can smoke that as long as it is fired up and we plan on bringing it down to around125 degrees and first smoking the 55 pounds of Fish My cousin sent me from Alaska last week, so after that I will get out the meet slicer and finish up with making Jerky, I need to get some Meat for that and they have some london broil on sale.
When ever I fire up the smoker we do a lot of meat and vacuum pack and freeze it, the damn thing takes so much to just get started I cannot justify doing a small portion, Last year I got 400 pounds of barrel staves from a local vineyard that had used for a few years and have used some twice a smoking flavoring, wow what a flavor they add.
I guess that tonight I really will not have Dinner, It will be more of snaking on meat all day as I slice and package it all.
Ah the simple life, I bottle of Vino and Smoke Salmon and Halibut. A mango chutney on the side with smoked almonds and fresh Asparagus.

Tri tips are on and I am about to start stuffing sausages, doing bratwurst and a garlic salami. Plus  a Amish breakfast sausage
oh, the fish looks good and will be doing 20 pounds of jerky, red pepper teriaki

Back