What is the difference between standard and unique choice Jet Black Ebony?

line6man

Epic Member
Apparently Warmoth offers unique choice fingerboards in addition to the stock Jet Black Ebony option. What sort of differences would there be between the two? Would it be worth paying the extra money for a unique choice board, or would the stock Jet Black be just as nice? Shouldn't all Jet Black Ebony look the same?

Ever since I started working in the TV industry, I've had to get used to terms like "Super Black".  Yes, there really is such a thing.

I suspect unique choice ebony is either a programming glitch or it really is a non-blacker situation.

I have multiple guitars with jet black ebony fretboards. If there is a difference from the "Unique Choice" selections, I can't tell from the pictures on the website.

We've discontinued using the word "Jet" in our Ebony descriptors since we do not dye our fingerboards black like other companies do. We will continue to use the word Black to differentiate from the standard Ebony but it basically means that it is a solid, dark color; the "blackest" we have in stock. There are slightly different color hues from one piece of Black Ebony to the other and it is pretty tough to catch that with the lens of a camera.

Super Turbo Jack Ace Deluxe Custom said:
Still the same upcharge though, right?

I don't know what it was before, but currently, it's $45 above the cost of Black Ebony for a unique choice Black Ebony board, and Black Ebony is $40 more than regular Ebony.

Back