Warmoth Walnut Soloist

An awesome job Wana!  I live in the midwest of the United States, and to me, it feels like an eternity before a box appears with the famous turtle on it. I cannot imagine how much patience you have had to exert to wait for the parts to come all the way across the Pacific. I'm not sure if its as big in Austrailia as it is in the States, but I get a good feeling to see someone in their teens putzing with a soldering iron and a bottle of tung oil rather than sitting on their butt flipping away on a plastic SG playing Guitar Hero.

Congrats on the great build, and I hope you have your axe for many years to come!

Thank you.

I'm getting bored not working on a guitar, so my SG Re-finish (as well as carving some stuff out) idea is niggling away in the back of my mind, gassing me to do it A.S.A.P. Though funds (and my parents) say otherwise!  :sad1:

I was thinking about the control pots. Four ideas, one question:

1- Normal Vol Tone
2- Split ( don't now witch control is supposed to be used to be split)
3- EMG afterburner (built in boost! Hell Yeah!)         
4- Split with an EMG afterburner       

Q: which pot is supposed to be split?                                                                                                                                                 

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

Which ever one you want.  It can be volume or tone.  The switch acts independently.  If you're going to use it often, have it handy, like the closest pot to the bridge pickup.

On my Strat with EMG hums, it is wired Vol-Vol-Tone with a 3-way.  Both pickups can coil split, so I have each volume with a push/pull split the corresponding pickup.  On my J-Bass, a controversial push/pull changes the battery voltage, and it is on the tone knob, which is furthest away.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:

Which ever one you want.  It can be volume or tone.  The switch acts independently.  If you're going to use it often, have it handy, like the closest pot to the bridge pickup.

On my Strat with EMG hums, it is wired Vol-Vol-Tone with a 3-way.  Both pickups can coil split, so I have each volume with a push/pull split the corresponding pickup.  On my J-Bass, a controversial push/pull changes the battery voltage, and it is on the tone knob, which is furthest away.
In that case, I'll go with Afterburner AND split. Split on tone and the other way :hello2:. Now I just gotta find one, thats always the hard part for me. :icon_scratch:

Good call on keeping the tone knob with the JB.  I'm sure you noticed how bright it can get in your amp already.  Its nice to be able to roll off a little.

It's almost too bright on the clean channel with no pedal, then my CryBaby comes in and it's actually waayyy too bright on the clean channel.

When you were ecstatic about your new found amp settings, the first thing I thought was the highs were too high.  Then again I haven't heard your amp.  They're all different.

Those settings were on the OD channel and are only good when the Crybaby isn't used. I'm not using the crybaby until I get some control because it's too bright.

Tremol-no, pots, brass block, tremolo stopper, tremolo cover and another string retainer. I took the old one off because I burled up the screw heads, then I lost it.  :sad1:

The tremolo stopper is a thing that stops you from doing pull ups on the Floyd and also helps tuning stability, also it makes intonation a lot easier.

The tremolo stopper is a thing that stops you from doing pull ups on the Floyd and also helps tuning stability, also it makes intonation a lot easier.
I take it your still having problems with the Floyd then?

Back