Warmoth Walnut Soloist

Wana_make_a_guitar

Well here it is, 95% finished (I've yet to find myself some proper pots), My Warmoth Walnut Soloist

Specs:
Body
-Walnut body
-Forearm, tummy and heel contour
-1 humbucker route
-Original Floyd Rose rout
-1 tone, 1 volume (not finished)
-6 coat Tung oil Finish

Neck
-Warmoth 'Pro' construction
-Warmoth style headstock
-All rosewood
-Side dots only (no face dots)
-1 11/16" Floyd Rose routed nut
-Compound radius Fingerboard
-Gotoh/grover tuner holes

Hardware
-Gotoh Floyd Rose
-Seymour Duncan JB humbucker
-Floyd rose nut
-Gotoh SG301 tuners

I'm Really pleased with this, It sounds so much better then my Epiphone SG and the Floyd is fun to use. 

Looks awesome!

(oh, I send you a buddy request on MSN. Take the second one, I had the wrong account the first time)

So.. you got it up and running for Christmas eh?  :headbang1:

At least, without the pots, you will be able to hear the pickup in all it's raw glory.

Love the way it looks matched (at least that's how it look sin the photos), even though it's walnut body and rosewood neck.

Lean and mean.  Looks awesome, man.  You'd have been the envy of all the kids in my neighborhood back when I was your age.  I really do think it's incredible to see someone your age with some perseverance.  Ya stuck with it and now go enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Looks absolutely killer!  I'm glad to see this came out so nice after all that's gone into it.  :icon_thumright:

Looks amazing! Wow that's a quality axe for somebody of any age. NOW don't go and hawk it next year for beer money!!!!

guitlouie said:
Lean and mean.  Looks awesome, man.  You'd have been the envy of all the kids in my neighborhood back when I was your age.  I really do think it's incredible to see someone your age with some perseverance.  Ya stuck with it and now go enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Fuggin' A. That's cool as shit, man. Props Wana! :glasses10:
Nice build - simple yet, functional. I dig it! And like someone else mentioned the matching of the neck and body looks great. I love how simple that geet is. No "bells-n-whistles" just straight-up RAWK. :party07:

SrDeMaFp said:
guitlouie said:

Fuggin' A. That's cool as shite, man. Props Wana! :glasses10:
Nice build - simple yet, functional. I dig it! And like someone else mentioned the matching of the neck and body looks great. I love how simple that geet is. No "bells-n-whistles" just straight-up RAWK. :party07:
Yeah, I think I have a bit more common sense than my friends, they either buy a brand name guitar thats outrageously expensive that you could make from Warmoth parts and have money left over to make another one or buy a brand name guitar that looks cool, but sounds shite.

Once again, I just love this guitar. You really did an outstanding job.

SrDeMaFp said:
Nice build - simple yet, functional.  I love how simple that geet is. No "bells-n-whistles" just straight-up RAWK. :party07:

With all of the no-nonsense, stripped down functionality, the tone knob almost seems superfluous.

I was thinking the same thing about the tone knob, but I guess it depends on how tweakable his rig is.

Fantastic work Wana, it looks incredible.

I agree with these guys a tone pot is superfluous with one HB... bung a kill switch in there.....

Can you post some sound clips?

Steiger said:
Fantastic work Wana, it looks incredible.

I agree with these guys a tone pot is superfluous with one HB... bung a kill switch in there.....

Can you post some sound clips?
Maybe in a week or less. And It might be a good idea with a kill switch for now.

Back