Warmoth User Rigs

Gots to love Ampeg.  Got a mate with the same cab and really rocks.  :icon_thumright:

Current amps:
Bogner Uberschall (Rev2)
Carvin Tube 100
Fender Tweed Deluxe 5E3 (1957)
HiWatt DR504 (Reeves era)
Marshall 9100
Mesa Dual Recto head (#654/chrome chassis/black diamond plate)
Mesa RoadKing head (red crocodile leather)
Mesa Tri-Axis/2:90
Randall RG80 head (early/carpet)
Rivera Knuckle Head Tre'
Soldano SLO head (rare chrome crocodile, w/depth mod located at Line Level location on back of head)
Spiegel 603a

DSC00972.JPG

DSC00974.JPG

DSC00976.JPG

DSC00980.JPG

I got it covered.

Guitar%20pics%20002.jpg

014.JPG

019.JPG

Tele%20003.JPG

Soloist%20001.JPG

Pedal%20Board%20008.JPG

Pedal%20Board%20010.JPG

My BYOC Fully Loaded Phaser I built.
Phull%20Phaser%20010cp.jpg
Phull%20Phaser%20013.JPG

Phull%20Phaser%20006.JPG
Phull%20Phaser%20007.JPG

Phull%20Phaser%20008.JPG
Phull%20Phaser%20009.JPG

There are some misc. pedals and rack gear not pictured (Bogner/Halfer Triple Giant, AnalogMan Mojo modded DOD 250+, Monte Allums SD-1, etc) but you get the idea.

OK Uberschall, you win. BTW, that is the coolest painted pedal I have ever seen. I'd be afraid to step on and scratch it up

Gregg said:
OK Uberschall, you win. BTW, that is the coolest painted pedal I have ever seen. I'd be afraid to step on and scratch it up
Thanks for the compliment on the pedal. I put it together, including the paint and decal. Lucky for me, I don't have to step on it. Stays on all the time ane the WOBO unit just inserts it in the chain when needed. Same for all of the pedals.

Death by Uberschall said:
Gregg said:
Thanks for the compliment on the pedal. I put it together, including the paint and decal. Lucky for me, I don't have to step on it. Stays on all the time ane the WOBO unit just inserts it in the chain when needed. Same for all of the pedals.

Amazing!  :)  Who did the art, you?  :eek:

Uberschell,
You are the man!  I have a hard enough time remembering what the next chord of a song is.  If I had to remember which one of those buttons to step on for what effect during a song on stage I’d fall down.  :laughing7:

I am interested in your pedal board.  Tell us more about it.  

Tonar8353 said:
Uberschell,
You are the man!  I have a hard enough time remembering what the next chord of a song is.  If I had to remember which one of those buttons to step on for what effect during a song on stage I’d fall down.  :laughing7:

I am interested in your pedal board.  Tell us more about it.  
It's all one button, single stomp operation. No tap dancing.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8245.0

Uberschall question, (may have already been asked), why didn't you house your stomp boxes back in a rack as opposed to being on the floor in front of you? Are you adjusting your pedal settings during shows? Perhaps for the option to gig without the rack and different amps?
Seems like an X2 wireless unit, pedal board version, would be a good addition unless you dig cables.

Gregg said:
Uberschall question, (may have already been asked), why didn't you house your stomp boxes back in a rack as opposed to being on the floor in front of you? Are you adjusting your pedal settings during shows? Perhaps for the option to gig without the rack and different amps?
Seems like an X2 wireless unit, pedal board version, would be a good addition unless you dig cables.

I already have a midi rack setup, but this time I wanted everything on the flloor. There are a couple of A/B settings I have to switch between for certain songs. I have a wireless in my rack setup that rarely gets used. I basically wanted and built an all anolog pedal board with switching capabilities like a midi setup, one stomp for 90% of the sound changes I need on the fly. And I did want that option of not being tied to one pre/power amp. I can take this board to any gig with any of my amps. Or use it with a supplied back line for those shows where you can only bring your guitars and pedals.

Gregg said:

I already have a midi rack setup, but this time I wanted everything on the flloor. There are a couple of A/B settings I have to switch between for certain songs. I have a wireless in my rack setup that rarely gets used. I basically wanted and built an all anolog pedal board with switching capabilities like a midi setup, one stomp for 90% of the sound changes I need on the fly. And I did want that option of not being tied to one pre/power amp. I can take this board to any gig with any of my amps. Or use it with a supplied back line for those shows where you can only bring your guitars and pedals.
Ah, great. Now I want a stand alone analog board too. Sheez...does this ever end????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gregg said:
Ah, great. Now I want a stand alone analog board too. Sheez...does this ever end????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like crack, once you start, you never stop!!!  :evil4:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that it handles the channel changing and loop functions of my amp in that single stomp!!!! So basically I have 6 main sounds that are my primary sounds (clean amp w/chorus, clean amp w/flanger, clean amp w/OCD crunch, hi gain amp, hi gain amp solo w/Timmy boost & volume boost, hi gain amp w/chorus). Then the other four presets (Nova wah, phaser, flanger, Timmy) are set to be add-ons to any of the other main six presets I just mentioned. So let's say I'm playing my high gain solo sound and I want to add the phaser to it, all I do is step on the add-on preset that's assigned to the phaser and it adds it in. If I want to go back to just the high gain solo sound by itself, I just step on that preset and I'm back to normal. Really simple. I can set any pedal, amp channel & loop combination I want to each of the ten preset buttons, or do as I did where I have six presets and four add-ons. Hope I didn't loose anybody, LOL????

dbw said:
Gregg said:

Amazing!  :)  Who did the art, you?  :eek:

I had the Eddie and Jimi images before hand and another member of the BYOC forums helped me with the layout based on my design. It's actually a ink jet water slide decal on top of the white paint and under the clear coat. Once it dried, I wet sanded with 1000 grit and then polished it out.

kboman said:
Hey DbU, a question - do you use that titanic rack at all? How do you control it?

I used to use it weekly in my old band. But lately I've just been going head and pedal board. I have an ART midi foot controller for it. All one stomp switching.

I run 3 typical setups for recording. I don't do live anymore and haven't for 10 yrs. or more.

1) Dirty = Rockman X-100 > Soundcraft 400B channel Strip ( EQ applied on channel  +  31 band EQ in channel insert ) > Output Strip of 400B has a DBX 160X inserted > Echo Gina 24 > PC > Sonar.
2 Yamaha SPX-900s ( one doing slight stereo pitch shift and the second a slight room reverb ) and sometimes 1 ADA 2FX for Outboard FX
The FX don't get recorded ... they're only to enhance the mood / playing experience.

2) Clean = same as above but remove the rockman from the chain ... plugging guitar direct into the console.

3) Clean2 = Direct into an Echo Gina3G preamp ... all FX are "in the box" ( box = pc / Sonar )

I sometimes play through an amp but never use it to record. It's an old Yorkville 100 Bass cube with a 15" spkr and a tweeter. Totally clean no FX or reverb.
I'd buy a Pollytone off of eBay if I could remember to look for a good deal on one.  :)

"Dirty" is almost always my 1981 G&L F-100 II
Clean and Clean2 are always my Warmoth Mahogany Strat with the Alembic STR/AE-3 pre and pickups.

My soon to be shipped Warmoth Black Korina strat will also have an Alembic STR/AE-3 system in it.

Since my Carvin V3 is still on the fritz :( I've been playing through one of these beauties:

rage158.jpg

My pedal chain at the moment is TU-2 -> AnalogMan mini Bi-Comp -> generic wah -> Dunlop Rotovibe.  I don't really have a good source of distortion, because the Rage 158 distortion channel is awful and I don't have distortion pedals (who needs em with the Carvin?)...

DbU has most definitely got the best rig, IMO.  :icon_thumright:

I run a guitar in to an old Boss Pro SE-70 (VERY GOOD, not made anymore, analog distortion and multi effects) into my vox valvetronix 50 watt (which is surprisingly good for the money)  And I control the SE with a behringer  fcb-1010 (i think thats model anyways)

Might be upgrading the amp sometime soon cause I REALLY want a Bogner Alchemist, but I'm pretty happy with my tone at the moment.

I traded my way into a Peavey Windsor.  They suck.  At least until you swap out the 12ax7s for lower gain 12at7 and 12au7s.  Then all that preamp distortion fizz goes away and you have yourself a pants-flapping-loud amp that actually sounds good and comes in so far under-budget that your wife will hardly get angry with you for bringing one home.  For this reason I'm seriously considering a second one.

It sits atop a closed back 2x12 loaded with a pair of Eminence Cannibas Rex speakers.  

For effects, I use a VOX Tonelab SE.  Sure, its a modeling pedal, but I turn the models off and just use it for the Distortion/OD/Fuzz, Chorus, Delay, and Tuner.  Typically its in the "off" position.  I like to dial the amp into my favorite sweet spot and stay there.  On a good night, I use the effects two to four times per set.  

9919_129998672635_683167635_2619841_3713541_n.jpg

My real secret weapon, however, is my Rhythm Guitarist, Erik.  He's always in the pocket, he's got a great ear, he uses a modeling pedal direct to the board (dialed in as a mostly clean VOX AC30) and never strays from the one sound, he simply relys on the notes.  He's a freakin genius and I'm lucky to be in a band with him.  And he just bough a slick Epi jazz box.

9919_129998687635_683167635_2619843_3560438_n.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That Peavey head is a lot of bang for buck, and they're getting cheaper.

My investment was all of $100.  I traded another amp for it.  A crate 50 watt head.  And the dude though he got the deal of a lifetime.  I've seen these Windsors go for $200 on ebay.  Its insane.  And from what I can tell, they're built like a tank.  Its just the preamp tubes that are killing the tone. I've researched a bunch of mods, these things are a tweakers delight.

Back