My Setup...

RLW said:
My addition to the OP would be Fuzz.

Keep in mind, I'm a total Fuzz-Ho.

Funny you should mention that, I just resurrected a DIY Si-based Fuzz Face build last night. I've also got a US BMP that I've modded to death but still not 100% happy with. I need to decide by Sunday which goes on the board.

ildar said:
DocNrock said:
ildar said:
dbw said:
Dude there's no way you need that many pedals...  :eek:

Well, yes and no. I do use every one at every gig, with the possible excepton of the phase shifters, of which I usually use only one or the other. Different tunes call for different tones and different volumes, so they're all set for different amounts of dirt, different levels and such.

No wonder you complain about your daughter's boyfriend referring to you as "hey man."  He probably only uses one or two pedals.   :laughing7:

Hey Man Dude doesn't even know what true bypass means.

Is he related to Guy Mann-Dude? :toothy12:

DocNrock said:
ildar said:
DocNrock said:
ildar said:
dbw said:
Dude there's no way you need that many pedals...  :eek:

Well, yes and no. I do use every one at every gig, with the possible excepton of the phase shifters, of which I usually use only one or the other. Different tunes call for different tones and different volumes, so they're all set for different amounts of dirt, different levels and such.

No wonder you complain about your daughter's boyfriend referring to you as "hey man."  He probably only uses one or two pedals.   :laughing7:

Hey Man Dude doesn't even know what true bypass means.

Is he related to Guy Mann-Dude? :toothy12:

Remember that guy?
What a tool he was.

Right now I only have a Vox Wah and a Boss BD-2. But this weekend I borrowed a Boss GT-10 from a friend, and I must say I`m having a hard time giving it back :-\ I guess I have bought my own by the end of the week :laughing7:

I recently got a boss ME-50 which is great for me; simple, clean, rugged, and all-knob-no-menu. Of course if won't beam you up to the starship like Ildar's rig but it's great for what it is. Eventually I may do the pedalboard thing but no big rush.
To the OP: If you don't really know what sound you want to get, you might consider one of these things, then you can muck with it and see if you really need a phaser or a ring tone etc. I find myself using the compressor and reverb all the time, then a couple of the OD choices and often the wah. I muck with the delay or the tremolo sometimes too.
It plays nice with the pedals you already have, too.

fuzz pedal, nothing sounds as good as a nice fuzz pedal, however they do tend to cost a bit

TTU Shredder said:
So recently started putting together a floor setup for my guitars. So far this is what I have:

Boss TU-2
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Morley Little Alligator

Somewhere in there a Wah pedal will be added in, but I feel like besides the wah something else is missing. Anybody have any ideas?

A Chorus pedal...

Back