Warmoth User Rigs

Amp (dry rig):

- Marshall JTM45RI which I modded to 60's specs (PTP board, MM OT, Mullards.. and for a chimey twist, THD Yellowjackets [EL84s])
- Avatar G112 Vintage cab (Celestion Alnico Gold)
- THD Hotplate (16ohm)

Pedals (dist/OD only):

- Fulltone OCD (for vintage rock)
- MI Audio Crunchbox (for 70's-80's hard rock)
- MXR "DIME" distortion (for metal [scoop on]/Boston-ish tones[scoop off])

FX (wet rig - signal from the Line Out on the HotPlate):

- Alesis Quadraverb
- ADA B200S amp
- 2 Seymour Duncan 1x12s (Celestion G-12Ks)

Also have a DAW with gadgets/VST plugins/vintage synths/vintage organs/drums/samples as well for recording.

THD Univalve
1955 Gretsch Round-up 2 - 6X11  15 watt combo (w/o speakers , just amp restored) I use this for my bass amp
1978 50 watt Marshall MkII 1/2 stack restored
Zach Wylde Marshall mini stack
POD XT Live
Lexicon 1U ALEX
ProCo Rat - the original
DOD 1U comp/noise gate
Boss RE-20 Space Echo
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Antares AMM-1 microphone modeler (works GREAT in the chain)
KORG Triton 61 key , 1st Triton offering
lots of SD pups in most of my axes
Custom Indigo Blue Chrushed Velvet Ludwig Drum kit w/ mesh heads w/ midi triggers and equidistant dbl bass pedals and silver Z cymbals

My club rig...

In a 2-sp shallow fx rack:

Sennheiser EW100 wireless
Sabine RT7000 rack tuner
filtered power supply mounted up in back

In a 4-sp shallow fx rack:

Dunlop rack wah
Rocktron Intellifex
Marshall JMP-1 preamp
Marshall EL84 20/20 poweramp
cooling fan on the side

all fits nicely atop-

Marshall 1960 A & B 4x12 cabs

FCB1010 midi control board to operate the all the fx switching on the JMP-1 and IFX.

2006001.jpg

I notice you have 2 reverse headstocks . . . could you say a word or 2 about how much you like them , or not .
Thank you ,
Kreig

kreig said:
I notice you have 2 reverse headstocks . . . could you say a word or 2 about how much you like them , or not .
Thank you ,
Kreig

I like both standard headstocks and reverse headstocks. It makes no difference as far as playability or tuning. It's all a matter of personal preference. I WILL say that I really don't care for pointy headstocks (like my ESP). I Prefer them to be rounded at the end. I am looking forward to having a standard Fender-shape headstock on my Warmoth build. To me, it's a timeless shape, and doesn't scream any particular genre of music. You can play ANY style of music (and I mean ANY) with a super-Strat.  Those pointy headstocks scream "Heavy Metal", which I love, but I also love about 6 other styles of music as well...

Marshall JCM900 (modded)
Fender Hot Rod Deville
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 (analogman)
Ibanez RC99 Rotary Chorus
Boss DD-6
Boss TR-2 (analogman)
Marshall 1936

just added Sanford & Sonny Bluebeard.

My rig is very poor at the moment, I can't afford a decent amp so I'm stuck with a couple of cheap ones and all my guitars other than the WIP half warmoth strat are cheap too.  :(

Guitars:
Epiphone G400
Marlin Sidewinder (got it for free, still needs a couple of repairs to be completely playable though)
Stienberger Spirit GU Deluxe
Some no name, generic, probably Chinese built Lap Steel (I really need to upgrade this)

Amps:
Fender Princeton 65DSP
WEM ER40 Head (one of the earliest WEM transistor amps I think it was built between 1969 and 1975 and only cost me £30)
H/H 1x12" PA cab 

Effects:
Boss DD-3
Danelectro Cool Cat
Electro Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon

Not a very good set up but the WEM is a nice little amp and with the H/H PA cab it can certainly move a lot of air and cause minor structural damage. ;)

Nick Ellingworth said:
My rig is very poor at the moment, I can't afford a decent amp so I'm stuck with a couple of cheap ones and all my guitars other than the WIP half warmoth strat are cheap too.  :(

Guitars:
Epiphone G400
Marlin Sidewinder (got it for free, still needs a couple of repairs to be completely playable though)
Stienberger Spirit GU Deluxe
Some no name, generic, probably Chinese built Lap Steel (I really need to upgrade this)

Amps:
Fender Princeton 65DSP
WEM ER40 Head (one of the earliest WEM transistor amps I think it was built between 1969 and 1975 and only cost me £30)
H/H 1x12" PA cab 

Effects:
Boss DD-3
Danelectro Cool Cat
Electro Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon

Not a very good set up but the WEM is a nice little amp and with the H/H PA cab it can certainly move a lot of air and cause minor structural damage. ;)

To be honest, that's some pretty hip gear. Talent has nothing to do with your wallet. I started out on Teisco and Univox gear, and, at the time, it sounded pretty good to me.

That rig has extreme indie cred and it probably sounds cool.  Well done, Nick :)

rig = Vox V847 wah - MI Audio Neo Fuzz - Behringer vintage distortion - biyang delay - JCM 600 head and orange 1x12 cab

my mian guitars are

candy (warmoth strat)
Danelectro Dano Pro / 56 Pro
Epiphone Firebird studio

dbw said:
That rig has extreme indie cred and it probably sounds cool.  Well done, Nick :)

I hope by indie you don't mean rubbish britpop revival that's popular because idiots who read the NME have been brainwashed into think it's good. ;)

It does sound pretty good but I do need to get the WEM amp fixed as there's a bit of hiss from the treble control of channel 1, thankfully I use the second channel most of the time and the treble side of that isn't an issue apart from a click when I flick the treble boost switch. Little issues like this are perfectly acceptable though for what is a really early transistor based guitar amp that I think spent around 20 years in someone's shed. The really odd thing about the WEM is that it handles distortion better than any other amp I've played though but as the treble boost suggests it really wasn't designed for distortion.

This rig is a usa-made Crate V30 through splawn 2x12 cab loaded w/ eminence texas heat.  Simple signal path,  mxr 10 band eq in fx loop.

I upgraded my rig a little. 

Head:  Carvin BX 600.  600w at 2 ohms, 400w at 4 ohms.

Cabs:  GK cabs w/painted grills to match the head.  I had to change speakers to get to the lower ohm value.  I'm used to running at 4 ohms.  The new 2 ohm load required me to find a 4 ohm 15", and the 410s are (4) 16 ohm speakers for a 4 ohm load.  Two 4 ohm cabs in parallel = 2 ohms.  Voila.

GaryBass72.jpg

I guess it's time to add my rig to the list. So here it is.

The Board
Dunlop DC-Brick Multi-Power Supply
Morley Volume Pedal
Crybaby
MXR Distortion +
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro MIDI Foot Controller

The Rack
Furman Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Sharp Guitar Effects Processor   (Not in the picture)
TC Electronic G-Major Guitar Effects Processor
Behringer ULTRALINK PRO MX882 Splitter/Mixer (Will be removed in time)
Rocktron HUSH Super C Guitar Noise Reducer
Voodoo Labs GCX Guitar Audio Switcher
(2) THD Hot Plates (Not beings used at this time)

The Amps
( 2 ) Blackheart 5 watt Heads
(1) Marshall MC212 2x12 Guitar Cab   (With G12 Greenbacks installed)

The last picture is before everything was installed into the road case

Back