Warmoth User Rigs

kböman said:
A Polytune, that's very cool, I have the app version - what's the pedal like?

I think it works well.  I HATE strobe tuners so I have it set to the needle display.  The multi string mode is great for quick spot checks.  It helps you give alittle tweek here and there and see where you need to immediatly go to tune without checking each and every string.

IMHO...works as well as anything else on the market.

My setup: Either a Warmoth Tele Deluxe or Hamer T62 strat type or Godin Acousticaster > Boss wah > Boss TU-3 tuner > Boss Noise Suppressor > Boss Compression/Sustainer > Catalinbread WIIO > Boss Super Overdrive > Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion > Subdecay Super Nova Drive > CMATMODS delay > back through Noise Suppressor > Boss Parametric Equalizer > Boss Dimension C > Boss Tremolo/Pan > Hughes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere > 2 Fender silverface Champs (stereo).

pedalboard12-31-10sm.jpg

mrpinter said:
My setup: Either a Warmoth Tele Deluxe or Hamer T62 strat type or Godin Acousticaster > Boss wah > Boss TU-3 tuner > Boss Noise Suppressor > Boss Compression/Sustainer > Catalinbread WIIO > Boss Super Overdrive > Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion > Subdecay Super Nova Drive > CMATMODS delay > back through Noise Suppressor > Boss Parametric Equalizer > Boss Dimension C > Boss Tremolo/Pan > Hughes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere > 2 Fender silverface Champs (stereo).

pedalboard12-31-10sm.jpg

did you say BOSS?? :laughing8:

166468_10150113644330288_564445287_8016011_5471001_n.jpg

I'm running a Diezel Herbert 180W (or two :laughing7: ) through Bogner 2x12"

I'm thinking about getting a Diezel Einstein 50W combo..

163833_10150113901300288_564445287_8022767_4876544_n.jpg

Pete Cornish G-2, T-Rex Replica, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah... and some other stuff.

163003_10150113901390288_564445287_8022769_2483987_n.jpg

Warmoth nr1

163137_10150113901485288_564445287_8022770_4501368_n.jpg

Gibson CustomShop ES335, Warmoth Strat, MusicMan Steve Morse, Gibson Les Paul

63229_10150113639950288_564445287_8015900_1784810_n.jpg

My beloved Warmoth nr2. I simply love it.

Sweet gear Andreas, loved the tone you got with 335 -> G2 -> amp in the Petrucci video as I'm not a treble fan.

My own gear is currently stock black Hagström Swede -> NI Audio Kontrol 1 -> Guitar Rig 4 Pro. Not much to take pictures of but it sounds pretty nice!

Seeing as you're thinking of getting a Einstein 50W combo, you won't be needing one of the herbs, so I suggest you package it up and send it to me for safekeeping and i'll give you my el-cheapo bugera, fair trade?  :icon_jokercolor:

Well, my diezel died today... I'm SICK of having to pay a large amount of money to get it fixed twice a year!
GOD DAMMIT! I'm so mad right now!

This is what happened.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeLhgqli00[/youtube]

F**K!!!

The Norwegian Guy said:
Well, my diezel died today... I'm SICK of having to pay a large amount of money to get it fixed twice a year!
GOD DAMMIT! I'm so mad right now!

This is what happened.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeLhgqli00[/youtube]

F**K!!!

OUCH!!!  :sad:

Man that really sucks!

On a side note it's amazing how red your tangerine strat looks in those pictures above.

My current "rig" is one of these:
11_R_001.jpg

Bought it used quite cheaply a month ago. But haven't had the time to play around with it much. I'll try to make a setup for Cubase for it, so I can use the reamp-feature there. Pro Tools does not appear to my kind of DAW-tea ...  :-\

But in a week or so I am going to remake the first floor in our house, so hopefully I'll end up with a "hobbyroom" ... but then again that will steal my time - but hopefully it will return some of it later  :party07:

I found the problem with my amp after some troubleshooting with my dad.

The diezel has LED's above the three fuse boxes on the back of the amp that turns on when something is wrong with either the tubes or the fuses. None of these were lit, so I thought there was nothing wrong with either of them. I had my tubes changed a couple of weeks ago.

We decided to check it out after all, and discovered that all three fuses was shattered and burnt. They friggin' exploded!

162772_10150118198660288_564445287_8115700_2495727_n.jpg

This is one of the clamps that's holding the fuses. The "claw" is deformed, and the bottom of the fuse is still in there...

I say again.... GOD DAMMIT!

This is going to cost a lot of money.  I spoke to Peter Diezel, and he wanted to have me send the amp to germany... This thing is HEAVY so I'd rather buy myself a house, a car and a wife instead of paying shipment on this monster.

So all of the fuses exploded and damaged other parts or what? I was under the impression that fuses didn't cost that much at all, although it is a deizel amp. Kinda says it all.

The fuseboxes are isolated/covered from the rest of the amp. There must have been some serious failure in one of the components of the amp. Fuses doesn't cost much, but I will have a professional to look at it and troubleshoot everything that may have caused all three fuses to freakin' explode... Fuses are not ment to explode...  :sad:

The Norwegian Guy said:
The fuseboxes are isolated/covered from the rest of the amp. There must have been some serious failure in one of the components of the amp. Fuses doesn't cost much, but I will have a professional to look at it and troubleshoot everything that may have caused all three fuses to freakin' explode... Fuses are not ment to explode...  :sad:

I agree that fuses are not meant to explode but will break if things aren't right in the circuit. Can I ask if you were running any power attenuator between the amp and the speaker like those THD Hot Plates etc...? Sorry for your misfortune. :sad:

It might be best, however, to see if the builder can get it fixed under warranty even if that is costly to get to their Germany service centre.

Street Avenger said:
OzziePete said:

That Mesa preamp looks really cool.

Thank you, I bought it brand new from the Australian distributor for Mesa when they were new products! This preamp has never been gigged, it's rock solid except when the preamp tubes need replacing (then it gets a little fuzzy and fades in clarity and strength of signal), it's a veritable rock of Gibraltor.  Reading up on it nowadays, it has a classic status, apparently it sits firmly in bewteen two famous Boogie cicuits in design and is becoming collectable. I can pull things down and gets some shimmery Fender Twin like tones, or scoop it out a bit, crank up the Lead switches and get some metal-esque tones. Or I can simply switch it over to Santana...Never been game toi hook it up to a power amp and spoeaker combo - I'd imagine it would kill birds in flight above with it's tone if it was!

OzziePete said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
The fuseboxes are isolated/covered from the rest of the amp. There must have been some serious failure in one of the components of the amp. Fuses doesn't cost much, but I will have a professional to look at it and troubleshoot everything that may have caused all three fuses to freakin' explode... Fuses are not ment to explode...  :sad:

I agree that fuses are not meant to explode but will break if things aren't right in the circuit. Can I ask if you were running any power attenuator between the amp and the speaker like those THD Hot Plates etc...? Sorry for your misfortune. :sad:

It might be best, however, to see if the builder can get it fixed under warranty even if that is costly to get to their Germany service centre.

I got an email from Peter Diezel now, and he could tell (after seeing the video) that the problem was the power tubes. I need to find a tube tech that I can trust, and have him fix the problem.

Back