Warmoth User Rigs

The Norwegian Guy said:
OzziePete said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
The fuseboxes are isolated/covered from the rest of the amp. There must have been some serious failure in one of the components of the amp. Fuses doesn't cost much, but I will have a professional to look at it and troubleshoot everything that may have caused all three fuses to freakin' explode... Fuses are not ment to explode...  :sad:

I agree that fuses are not meant to explode but will break if things aren't right in the circuit. Can I ask if you were running any power attenuator between the amp and the speaker like those THD Hot Plates etc...? Sorry for your misfortune. :sad:

It might be best, however, to see if the builder can get it fixed under warranty even if that is costly to get to their Germany service centre.

I got an email from Peter Diezel now, and he could tell (after seeing the video) that the problem was the power tubes. I need to find a tube tech that I can trust, and have him fix the problem.

Not trying to sound like some sort of tube amp expert (because I am not!), but is the amp in need of a bias adjustment?

The local techs adjusted the bias 5 weeks ago when they changed tubes. They work at norway's largest instrument store.. But this is not the first time my amp gets F'ed up after returning from them...

I'm actually trying to decide on what amp to buy next. I'm not selling the Diezel, but I want another one whit some other characteristics. I've been thinking of ENGL Powerball and Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier.

The Norwegian Guy said:
I'm actually trying to decide on what amp to buy next. I'm not selling the Diezel, but I want another one whit some other characteristics. I've been thinking of ENGL Powerball and Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier.

Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet!!!!  :redflag:

Blackstar... :headbang1:
Mygear2.jpg

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blackstar... :headbang1:
Mygear2.jpg
Digging that thing aren't ya?!?!?!?  :headbang1:
Hell ya, it's pretty awesome. I changed the V2(ECC82) with a JJ 12AX7. Thinking 'bout taking the K-100's out of my Blue VooDoo and putting in the Blackstar, but Imma give the speakers a bit to break in first... :headbang:

Those Blackstars are AWESOME.  Probably one of the best amps for the $$ and can run with the big higher priced amps too.  Nice grab!!!

Hmm, the Bias Rite is no longer being made by Weber.  I'd get something like that, and bias the tubes myself.  Also the voltages and current shift around as the tubes settle in, but not to the point of explosions.  If all of that fails, you can send it to me, I'll give it a nice home.  Sorry, I couldn't help it, good luck with getting it running better.
Patrick

DMRACO said:
Those Blackstars are AWESOME.  Probably one of the best amps for the $$ and can run with the big higher priced amps too.  Nice grab!!!
Yes they are, I was very impressed. Got to play the HT-40 at a local guitar shop, been in there 50 times and never even noticed them. At a glance I kept thinking they were "Blackhearts" from SLM, but finally realized they were Blackstars. Plugged in and had to have one, but I got the HT-60 which is a 212 combo, the HT-40 is a single....But this thing RAWKS, blows my BV-60 outta the water... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
DMRACO said:
Yes they are, I was very impressed. Got to play the HT-40 at a local guitar shop, been in there 50 times and never even noticed them. At a glance I kept thinking they were "Blackhearts" from SLM, but finally realized they were Blackstars. Plugged in and had to have one, but I got the HT-60 which is a 212 combo, the HT-40 is a single....But this thing RAWKS, blows my BV-60 outta the water... :headbang1:

I was considering the HT-20...had a hard time finding one and got a great deal on my Mesa.  I almost got the HT-5 but it lacked the clean headroom I needed.

DMRACO said:
DangerousR6 said:
DMRACO said:

I was considering the HT-20...had a hard time finding one and got a great deal on my Mesa.  I almost got the HT-5 but it lacked the clean headroom I needed.
I would have liked to have got the Series 1 45 watt 212 combo, but that was almost twice as much as the Ht-60.. :-\

Patrick from Davis said:
Hmm, the Bias Rite is no longer being made by Weber.  I'd get something like that, and bias the tubes myself.  Also the voltages and current shift around as the tubes settle in, but not to the point of explosions.  If all of that fails, you can send it to me, I'll give it a nice home.  Sorry, I couldn't help it, good luck with getting it running better.
Patrick
Sucks that Weber stopped making it. I have it, great tool. Check ebay, that's where I got mine.

Death by Uberschall said:
Patrick from Davis said:
Patrick
Sucks that Weber stopped making it. I have it, great tool. Check ebay, that's where I got mine.
Eurotubes.com was selling them, not sure if they stil have any left or not... :dontknow:

I went the cheaper way and got the yellow multi-meter and a set of bias probes..
Probes.jpg

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAiwfQoEu1c[/youtube]

I honestly hated this Amp for the first minute of this video. after that It got better. still not sure if its for me.

this thing sounds VERY solid state. is it?

AGWANANA-RAMA said:

I honestly hated this Amp for the first minute of this video. after that It got better. still not sure if its for me.

Well, it's not for you because it isn't pink, purple, signal green or any other hideous colour  :laughing7:

AGWANANA-RAMA said:

Nope, it's all tube. It does have digital reverb instead of a reverb spring tank...

Back