Warmoth User Rigs

No pictures right now, but my usual set up is as follows:  Guitar>numerous pedals including, but not limited to, and in various configurations> Boss TU-2 tuner, EH Big Muff, EH English Muffin, Analogman modified Boss DS1, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Boss DD3 delay, MXR Super Comp, MXR Phase 90, vintage DOD Chorus, Rocktron Hush noise suppressor pedal, blah, blah, blah> into first generation, two channel Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier running Mesa EL-34's> into Fender custom shop Tone Matser 4x12 cabinet=very loud noise making machine. 

My next project is a complete overhaul of my mid sixties blackface Fender Bassman.  I'm planning on having Mojo Musical supply build me a faux crocodile-covered, leather strap, cane grill cloth cabinet for it.  Then, while I have it apart, the tech I go to (RLW, notice that I didn't call him MY tech) is going to thoroughly go over it and possibly perform a few little hot-rod tricks he knows of. 

Sir SchmoopY said:
I want James's rig

I can share..  :toothy10:

you make me want to throw the rest of the crap I own.  :evil4:

As far as amps go, I also have an Orange Tiny Terror, A Mesa Roadster, a Carvin SX solid state head, A Mesa 212 cab, an Orange 412.
For bass I have a CarvinBX600 head and 410 cab..

I won't go into guitars and effects  :toothy12: :eek:ccasion14:

And hey, schmoop, where do you live again? I might see you soon.

Sir SchmoopY said:
Michigan,  Clare Michigan.

Good luck finding that.

Well the reason I asked is I go on a US tour with this band I'm playing with in october.

I thought perhaps I could see some of you guys on the trip.

Awesome, James.  Are you going to be in Madison, WI?

My rig is my Warmoth guitar -> TU-2 -> Analogman Mini Bicomp -> Carvin V3 -> Mesa 4x12.

My upstairs neighbor gets pissed a lot :)  I'm finally going to get to put it to eleven because I'm playing an outdoor gig next weekend.  :headbang1:

I'm thinking of adding a Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator in the parallel effects loop, and possibly some sort of noise suppressor.

I may also build my own amp sometime soon.  A knowledgeable coworker is helping me.  All I've decided so far is solid-state rectifier, 2x 5751 preamp, and 2x EL-84 A/B push-pull power amp.

Ummm, lol.

I don't really want to say the name of the band yet, because nothing is confirmed.
I'll just say it's the break I've been looking for all my life.

It's an entire US tour, going all out, we're the headliners with two other bands.
so chances are I'll be passing through everyone's town, and I'll be in dallas around the 20th of this month.
:rock-on:

Well, I'd like to know if you're in NC. Chances are if you are, I'll be able to see you, since I'm pretty central.

I do believe we will be but I will let you know closer to October when the tour kicks off.
dbw said:
Awesome, James.  Are you going to be in Madison, WI?

My rig is my Warmoth guitar -> TU-2 -> Analogman Mini Bicomp -> Carvin V3 -> Mesa 4x12.

My upstairs neighbor gets pissed a lot :)  I'm finally going to get to put it to eleven because I'm playing an outdoor gig next weekend.   :headbang1:

I'm thinking of adding a Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator in the parallel effects loop, and possibly some sort of noise suppressor.

I may also build my own amp sometime soon.  A knowledgeable coworker is helping me.  All I've decided so far is solid-state rectifier, 2x 5751 preamp, and 2x EL-84 A/B push-pull power amp.

You should totally add the reverb since our amp doesn't have it. I used to own one, I liked it a lot until I sold it.  :sad1:

But I can't wait to krank the V3 and the Krank up  :laughing7: :rock-on:

Late to the party, as usual but, in case your curious , not that you would be, but
general cleans = (very) beat up Fender Esquire > george L's >  Vox AC30BM
dirty, check my signature

Max said:
Fingers>Pick>Strings>Sound Chamber>Air>Ear>Brain>Other ear. :toothy12:

that's an interesting signal chain. So the audio goes in one ear then to the brain and then to the other ear? I wonder if there's any delay, like a slapback echo or something. :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
Max said:
Fingers>Pick>Strings>Sound Chamber>Air>Ear>Brain>Other ear. :toothy12:

that's an interesting signal chain. So the audio goes in one ear then to the brain and then to the other ear? I wonder if there's any delay, like a slapback echo or something. :laughing7:

If it went from the other ear back to the brain, it could make for an interesting feedback effect.  :toothy12:

Nah, no feedback. It's a really helpful setup at Guitar Center, though, if you can't hear what you're playing, you can just ~ignore it~
:p
Oh, and for clarity, the signal goes one ear and out the other.

I got 2 old radios today, just begging to be turned into amps  :toothy12:

Both use tubes, and I should be able to figure them out, since the wiring in one isn't too hard, and they are both point-to-point.

warmoth tele: black korina, wenge/eb boatneck, SD JB and 59
-->crybaby 535q multiwah with mods (true bypass, LED)
-->Moist Clemen "Vaj" (BYOC big muff clone)
-->Moist Clemen "Minging Bitch" (BYOC script phaser)
-->Planet waves chromatic tuner
-->planet waves cables
-->(line6 X2 XDS plus wireless arrives on tuesday)
-->hughes and kettner switchblade 50W combo
-->avatar 2x12 with vin 30's

i used to find i would sit on the ultra channel (american hi gain- scooped mids), and crank the gain to around 8. i used to wonder why it sounded so, i dunno, sandy when i watched footage of our shows. it just sat way back in the mix.

now i'm a bit more "tone-savvy", i've switched to the lead channel (british high gain), and the gain on my rhythm channel doesn't go far past four at the very most. i use my Moist Clemen "Vaj" dialled way back with the mid boost engaged if i ever wanna get uber heavy. and i pump the mids now instead of scooping them. my sound cuts through the mix far far better than it used to, and it sits well with the other 2 lads in my band. plus, i've started to really appreciate the "sound" of a guitar, instead of coating it in saturation. it's not a perfect sound of course, and i'm constantly trying to refine it.. i think i (like all of us) am still searching for "that" sound, but nevertheless i am very content with my tone.

plus, it's loud enough to rattle my entire house. can't wait for my wireless, so i can sneak out down the road, with my amp dimed out, and watch my housemate run outside shiteeing himself when i start chugging out powerchords.

i think there's something wrong with me  :evil4:

p.s. james i think you need to goss us in on who you're playing with. i'm ridiculously curious.

Back