Warmoth User Rigs

After reading through this thread......it makes me happy I'm a blues bassist  :laughing7:

Actually, I used to own a Pod XT Pro II w / short-board. Straight in, now - but I DO use my Roland Bass Cube 100 (occasionally) for recording  :icon_biggrin:

I play out once / week w/ a jazz orchestra.  I use a '76 Super Reverb.  I record at home with an Emery Sound Microbaby (which I positively love) and a Bedrock 60watt head/4x12 cab (think limited-run handmade Marshall of the late 80's).  Most of the time when I record, I'm just scratch-padding, so I go through a Hughes-Kettner metal shredder directly into the emu 0404 interface.

Some good ideas reading the other posts in this thread.

Oh man, i thought you had warmoth(s) already.  You got one in the works, or planning stages?  I used to get the catalogs when I was in middle/ high school, but back then they didn't offer so many options, and it was alot more work to get one completed.  Kinda glad I waited till I saved up enough dough for the Sorceress, once she's complete all my Fenders and my Les Paul will keep cozy in their cases rendered obsolete.  Wish I didn't have any emotional attatchment to them, so's I could sell them off and build some more warmoths.

haha sure, i'd let ya borrow it if you were within 20 miles of boston.  it's actually pretty cool. it's a 1993 Studio Lite.  they didnt make very many of them.  60's slim taper neck (very close profile to the american standard/ standard thin warmoth) , ebony fretboard, no pickguard.  very light for a les paul.  They replaced some mahogany with Chromyte, which I believe is a fancy name for balsa wood, haha, as you can imagine that didnt go over well with les paul folks.  but it plays and sounds great and it cost $600 back in '93.  ceramic pickups which rock pretty hard. 
http://www.usedgibsonguitars.co.uk/images/P/chocolate.jpg
here's a pick from google, mine doesnt have the pickguard.  but it a very unique transparent finish.  Alice in Chains played one in a video back then. 

(hey 100 posts, giggity giggity.)

Can you replace Boston with something more like central NC?
Just let Joe Perry borrow it for a bit, then sell it  :toothy12:

UPDATE  :guitaristgif:

My new TV yellow Gordon Smith - shitee pic, I'm lazy.  

All I need to do now is put on 15 stone and get a huge perm...

Image057.jpg

Can't see the pic Ted, Do it properly.....No excuses now that your house is finished ! ! !

Have you recovered from the other night.  You sounded pretty far gone the other night when you called.  :icon_thumright:    HaHa. 
Sorry we couldn't meet up, but our friends bailed on us last minute, so we stayed in. 

Sorry man I was pretty drunk ... :eek:ccasion14:

It worked when I put it up... :dontknow:

Back