Warmoth Today

I need to finish my VIP build and get onto my Gecko build.
The Tele build can wait LOL (though I have had the body for almost 7 years).

Here's a really interesting one.  The top is a customer supplied roasted birdseye maple laminate.  The finish is trans to clear.  In other words, the top finish is clear and that is the natural wood color.

roast_strat.jpg

I'm glad to see more pics, it's always interesting to see how other people spec their dream guitars. Please post more pics of things we don't see often in the forum like Iceman, V2 guitar or G4 single cut bass. Especially painted!

Wyliee said:
Here's a really interesting one.  The top is a customer supplied roasted birdseye maple laminate.  The finish is trans to clear.  In other words, the top finish is clear and that is the natural wood color.

roast_strat.jpg

Really cool! But what bridge? Don't recognize the route

Wyliee said:
This is Christa.  She packs and processes all of the shipments leaving Warmoth.  Today, she's sending some pickguard love out......  Be respectful to Christa or all of her uncles and big-brothers in the company will hunt you down....

Christa_heart.jpg

Hey people! How are you???
Good to take a look on the forum and see a Warmoth Today topic... specially with beautifull girl too :) say she is having international fans now :p

kurcatovium said:
Those Gecko necks are giving me hard GAS... Why does the wenge/bloodwood have the gecko omitted?

It is not uncommon for customers to order Gecko necks without the Geckos so one was built without it.

Wyliee said:
It is not uncommon for customers to order Gecko necks without the Geckos so one was built without it.

Is it too late to add a Gecko inlay to a neck which was built without it?  If the fingerboard has been radiused and the fret slots have already been cut, would that present an issue?

tubby.twins said:
Wyliee said:

Is it too late to add a Gecko inlay to a neck which was built without it?  If the fingerboard has been radiused and the fret slots have already been cut, would that present an issue?

I would expect that would significantly increase the chances of messing up the fingerboard radius as the inlay would need to be radiused to the fingerboard.

How about another employee introduction?

This is Bryan, our webmaster.  He's responsible for the vast majority of the code behind the website and things like the builders.  Great guy and a rock solid developer.  He's posted on the forums before when we've been testing site upgrades.  It took a big pile of BBQ to get him away from his desk....

daves_Bryan.jpg

So now we know the true identity of that Superhero-WARMOTHMAN!!!
    Thanks, Bryan, on behalf of ravaged bank accounts around the world!

Altar said:
Ask him when he's getting the other virtual body builders up. I'm so impatient... :blob7:

No no no! Ask him to pass me a sandwich! That looks like my kind of food! :laughing7:

I'll take some beans with that too!

Altar said:
Hijack. Ken, while your on, could you get back to me on the rewinds?

Send him a PM, don't Hijack a thread for your selfishness. It's annoying.

Keep sending the pics Wyliee!! Love to see you all doing what you do!!  :icon_thumright:

Definitely, keep those pics coming. I'm hoping to spot something familiar at some point.  :icon_thumright:

Warmoth's got a great team. It's nice to put faces to the efforts involved.

Back