Warmoth Today

that's probably just the stack going to updown's house - makes it easier to keep em together

swarfrat said:
that's probably just the stack going to updown's house - makes it easier to keep em together

Hehe! Yeah.

But, seriously, it becomes much more obvious why it's difficult (and costs money) to get special attention paid to a particular construct.

Here's a cool bass getting ready to go out the door.  It has a few things we don't see very often.... birdseye maple top and the neck has a matching burst on the back of the neck.

matching_burst.jpg

matching_burst2.jpg

There better be a note packed with that body telling them they must post it to this forum when it's in progress!

Wyliee said:
Here's a cool bass getting ready to go out the door.  It has a few things we don't see very often.... birdseye maple top and the neck has a matching burst on the back of the neck.

matching_burst.jpg

matching_burst2.jpg
Boy the back of that neck so reminds me of my 79 LP when it was new.
33 years of action though has really dulled it and worn through the finish in places.

Wow, I am not a bass man, but I want to learn just so I can thump on that babe!
:rock-on: :kewlpics:

Black Dog said:
Wow, I am not a bass man, but I want to learn just so I can thump on that babe!
:rock-on: :kewlpics:

It does give you ideas, doesn't it? That's a fine piece. I feel the same way when I see a Gecko. Makes me want to take up the instrument.

Thing is, I've never been able to figure out how bass players can hear what they're doing. With the rare exceptions of the John Entwistles and Geddy Lees of this world, I can rarely tell what the bass player is doing unless it's wrong.

swarfrat said:

Good one  :icon_thumright:

BYW .... Great pic's Wyliee  ...... thank you and please keep'em coming  :headbang:
Just love seeing behind the scenes from where my goodies come from.

Plus .... Hi Christa  :icon_biggrin:
Thanks for doing great work !!

Wyliee said:
This is Christa. 
She packs and processes all of the shipments leaving Warmoth. 
Be respectful to Christa or all of her uncles and big-brothers in the company will hunt you down....

Christa_heart.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
It doesn't need a pickguard, and I hope it stays that way.

I agree that it'd be shame to cover up that wood ... but how would you get around having the pickguard? Put a Tele plate over the control cavity? I reckon that'd look pretty bad.

reluctant-builder said:
It doesn't need a pickguard, and I hope it stays that way.

I agree that it'd be shame to cover up that wood ... but how would you get around having the pickguard? Put a Tele plate over the control cavity? I reckon that'd look pretty bad.

It's a Jazz Bass, so it still has the metal control plate.  Think of Jaco's Jazz Bass.  Unlike other guitars, the pickguard of a Jazz Bass is just a pickguard, it doesn't pull double duty having pickups or controls mounted to it.

Love the Warmoth today thread, please keep the pics and info coming Wyliee, obviously your the successor to the throne down there, God knows you've put in some serious time and effort at the company and Its always nice to hear about and see pics of the obscure options, woods and custom ideas that your privy to on a regular basis.

I vote for more info and pics on those unique designs, woods and custom options you see being requested and used by customers that dont get the light of day on here until its widely know. For instance it was cool to learn about the Warhead and 7/8 Body option on here before the masses were made aware of that option.

Thank you, and please keep it coming.....

P.S.  Why dont you guy's see about becoming Bare Knuckle Pickup dealers.....they rock and damned if people dont love their product, a very loyal following, can only imagine it helping the bottom line..... :icon_thumright:

It's a Jazz Bass, so it still has the metal control plate.  Think of Jaco's Jazz Bass.  Unlike other guitars, the pickguard of a Jazz Bass is just a pickguard, it doesn't pull double duty having pickups or controls mounted to it.

Great point. Silly me.  :tard:

Back