Warmoth Today

We don't do many WGD bodies, but when we do they usually have some killer tops.  There are four currently working their way through the Showcase maze.  These two have nice figured koa tops.

WGD_showcase.jpg

I kinda like the WGD body.  Anyone else?

I've always been neutral about them. Not unacceptable, but not exciting, either. Those are some premium examples, though. Surprising disparity in the tops for being the same wood. If I'd have had to guess, I'd have thought the one on the right is some sort of figured Walnut.

For years I thought that SG's was the ugliest guitar design around. But then I saw a WGD. Sorry.  :toothy11:  :redflag:

Cagey said:
I've always been neutral about them. Not unacceptable, but not exciting, either.

I feel the same way about them. And with so many guitars that I am excited about building (and other things dragging my money out of my pocket too), that leaves these pretty far down the list and I'll probably never end up getting one.

I'm pretty dang partial to the WGD body.  Depending on finances, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those ends up headed my way.

SustainerPlayer said:
For years I thought that SG's was the ugliest guitar design around.
But then I saw a WGD. Sorry.  :toothy11:  :redflag:

Hey  .... hang on a second, I have an SG  :icon_biggrin:

WGD's don't do much for me, i'll pass on those. Think i'd do a musiclander before those.

If I was ever going to do a WGD, it'd have to be completely blacked out with a reversed, baritone Ken Lawrence/Het neck...  Why?  Because: F#¢k you, hippie!  That's why!

Pelagaard said:
If I was ever going to do a WGD, it'd have to be completely blacked out with a reversed, baritone Ken Lawrence/Het neck...  Why?  Because: F#¢k you, hippie!  That's why!

Hehe! You're probably not the only one with that subtext running - consiciously or otherwise. Who wants to appear to be supporting that whole strain of insanity?

Pelagaard said:
Sooooo, you're rebelling against hippies?

You must be tripping.  :icon_jokercolor:

Hippies are more than a little out-dated, but they had enough of a presence at one time that they're still in the public memory and remain a valid target of ridicule. Sorta like fat people; the position is indefensible.

I can't possibly be objective about a WGD body since it's irrevocably attached to the Grating-er-Grateful Dead, and if there was EVER an inexplicable WTF,
it's them...How the hell did THAT all happen?!?! :icon_scratch:

I think it's a good looking body style, SGs too.  Yet I still don't know a single Grateful Dead song.
If you want ugly check out the Jagstangs and Teles.

Great Ape said:
I can't possibly be objective about a WGD body since it's irrevocably attached to the Grating-er-Grateful Dead, and if there was EVER an inexplicable WTF,

It's a question for the ages that I've asked myself and others a thousand times and never got an answer for. At least, not one that made any sense.

Great Ape said:

Drugs.

Because thew Grateful Dead took bluegrass, country, soul, jazz and rock and roll and broke all the rules. Toured for 30+ years, countless live albums showcasing the fact that they never played the same set from night to night. Always switching it up, always playing the same song a different way...you may not like them, but the Grateful Dead were amazingly innovative for their time. And, you know, I'm sure the drugs didn't hurt.

But seriously, show me a dead song thats remotely as grating as Love Hurts by Nazareth.

Back