Warmoth Today

Wyliee

So the old Warmoth Today thread basically died when Gregg left.  Most of the pictures I've been snapping have been going to FB or Twitter.  Some of us were talking in the office and consensus is that it is always fun to show of some of what we're doing.  There's a lot of cool stuff here and we like to show off from time to time.

So......

There have been questions recently about custom Gecko necks.  Here's some wenge, maple, rosewood, purpleheart, bubinga and zebrawood necks in the shop.
GN_08302012.jpg

These Gecko necks are about to get matching heel scoops.
GN_heels_08302012.jpg

They weren't showing up before, but they are there now.. good to go! also,  :kewlpics:

Altar said:
What are the specs?

Which one(s) are you interested in?  What are the specs of a neck you want?  Give me some sort of idea before I interrupt the neck production crew.  It's one thing to snap a picture walking through the shop.  It's another matter to start pulling items off their carts.

Wyliee- Are Strat & Tele necks available in purpleheart? Jeez,
I could be in REAL trouble if they are!! :sad:

Wyliee said:
Altar said:
What are the specs?

Which one(s) are you interested in?  What are the specs of a neck you want?  Give me some sort of idea before I interrupt the neck production crew.  It's one thing to snap a picture walking through the shop.  It's another matter to start pulling items off their carts.
small, 5 string. Raw woods, particularly canary, purpleheart, or wenge, respectively.

line6man said:
Is that Pink Ivory, or just really fresh Bloodwood?

Ironwood?? Or Macassar?

Fresh bloodwood.  And some cool Macassar.  It is a real bugger for the neck crew to get a piece that matches *and* that will bend to fit the scoop.

I think I might know some of the reasons why you do not, but it would be cool to see some of the custom work coming through as it is being done. For me personally, I'd like a sneak peek at my Tele neck and I think it would be cool to document the process.  I am video taping and shooting each step, but of course I have nothing pre UPS.

More importantly though, it would be cool to see not only what Warmoth is capable of, but also to brainstorm off of what others are doing.  I am new to this whole thing, but I know that this is a picture hungry crowd.  I've become one of them.  :eek:ccasion14:

Altar said:
small, 5 string. Raw woods, particularly canary, purpleheart, or wenge, respectively.

No such luck.  All of the 5 stringer are medium or wide, except one maple shaft.

Back