Warmoth Sale Builds

Thanks for everything, cracked pepper!

This swamp ash strat body has very beautiful grain so no opaque colors here. I'm thinking something clear or only very lightly stained with a tortoise pickguard. It was the same price as the rest of the cheapest swamp ash bodies on the showcase so I didn't think that it was a single piece, but the closer I look the more that seems to be the case.  :icon_biggrin:

bpmorton777 said:
d177a.jpg
d177b.jpg

see if this works. just bought this in the showcase. My wife told me to go and spend the gift cert she bought me because of the sale.

Brian
That's the Deluxe 5 jazz that was in the showcase, isn't it ....
You beat me to it!!!  I've been going nuts looking for specs 'cause I wanted a 5-string P pickup in the neck position, and didn't want to order until I knew the routs were gonna be correct.

Oh well .....  :(
Hope it turns out to be a nice build for you!

"That's the Deluxe 5 jazz that was in the showcase, isn't it ....
You beat me to it!!!  I've been going nuts looking for specs 'cause I wanted a 5-string P pickup in the neck position, and didn't want to order until I knew the routs were gonna be correct.

Oh well ..... 
Hope it turns out to be a nice build for you!"

Sorry, Andy :sad:

Ill be putting to Dimarzio ultra Jazz 5 pickups in and Im having warmoth finish it in black-Red-Yellow sunburst on both sides. I was looking to make a 12 string strat but nothing in the showcase at this time....I and like I said, my wife wanted me to spend the money!

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
"That's the Deluxe 5 jazz that was in the showcase, isn't it ....

Oh well ..... 
Hope it turns out to be a nice build for you!"

Sorry, Andy :sad:

Ill be putting to Dimarzio ultra Jazz 5 pickups in and Im having warmoth finish it in black-Red-Yellow sunburst on both sides. I was looking to make a 12 string strat but nothing in the showcase at this time....I and like I said, my wife wanted me to spend the money!

Brian
That's cool ... I really wanted a swamp ash body anyway .....
Evenutally I want to build a 5-string jazz that will be my re-creation of a Sadowsky ... but I'm torn on whether I want the Nordstrand pickups which Warmoth doesn't have the routing template for, or Bartolinis which are (apparently) the same physical size as a 4-string P pickup.  Still trying to find the exact sizes for all them.

vms2598a.jpg

Renecking my Stratocaster while im down visiting my folks for the holidays lol

Vintage Modern Neck
Canary with Ebony fingerboard and Mother of Pearl dots
SS6100 frets
Black TUSQ XL nut
Tuners drilled for Shallers
Standard thin contour  

Going on this
Mendy_final_front_and_back_by_finchmsu.jpg
which is also getting another round of clear coating while im in a warmer drier climate. The next big upgrade for it will be a white pearl pickguard and a set of Seymour Duncan rails.

DoubleG said:
couldnt resist it

ps3967e.jpg

with pearl pickguard and tremolo cover =)

Definitely something to be said for simple and sweet. Very classy, especially with the pearloid.

jay4321 said:
DoubleG said:
couldnt resist it

ps3967e.jpg

with pearl pickguard and tremolo cover =)

Definitely something to be said for simple and sweet. Very classy, especially with the pearloid.

a dream come true for me =).
i payed quite a lot extra for expenses ups-turkey made up from thin air troughout my necks customs affairs so this baby will come to me via usps.so i just need patience now.
sometimes i think my english sucks - yeah sometimes...

mendy_front_up_close_by_finchmsu.jpg

front

*EDIT*

and heres a close up of the back, with a shitty clear coating job that is going to get redone in a few weeks.

Mendy_Finished_Back_Closeup_by_finchmsu.png

yes i did, its a layer of white Gesso primer, sanded smooth, and then painted over using acrylic paint.

how will you re do the clear coat without scrubbing off some of the painting? which is awesome by the way  :icon_thumright:

Man, that makes me want to paint designs on guitars.  Anyone want me to paint a design on their guitar?

JimBeed said:
how will you re do the clear coat without scrubbing off some of the painting? which is awesome by the way  :icon_thumright:

very carefully  :icon_tongue: Those streaks werent there in the first coat, they didnt show up until the subsequent strokes, which is what i get for using brush on and letting my enthusiasm get the better of me! After that photo was taken I did sand it back and do a spray on Poly and it looked somewhat better so im hoping that one more round of sanding down and a few more spray coats will finally get me there. Only its hard to do when the air temp is in the 20's and humidity is through the roof, and my spray booth, aka the closet in the guest bedroom is no longer an option now that I have someone renting that room haha

hannaugh said:
Man, that makes me want to paint designs on guitars.  Anyone want me to paint a design on their guitar?

i might actually take you up on that! i've got a charvette (charvel's squier) body in the garage i painted a horrible flat orange and flat black. definitely looked better in my head  :-\

i'll sand it back when the weather gets warmer; 20° is a little cold for palm sanding in the driveway  :icon_biggrin:

Back