Warmoth Peel n Play Giveaway - Enter Now!

The Aaron said:
Mayfly said:
I'm in too!  And I like Ozzy better!!

I don't know if we can be friends any more.

Oh come on!  Check this out:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/mYpJAqX662M[/youtube]

You have to admit it's pretty awesome...

I think every band/jam I've ever played in had to do that song. Of course, we never had Ozzy...

The correct answers are:
Rolling Stones
David Byrne
Brian Wilson
Ronnie Spector

Boy if your answers could get you kicked off a forum, this would be my time.

Stones,Sammy, Ronnie, Brian. I think I got every single one of those "wrong"
darn spell check is lying for me. I said Brian not Bon

I do like DLR era material slightly better even though I prefer Sammy's voice.
But RJD's voice is up there with Brian Johnson and Paul Rodgers.

swarfrat said:
I do like DLR era material slightly better even though I prefer Sammy's voice.
But RJD's voice is up there with Brian Johnson and Paul Rodgers.
Agreed on one point, Sammy's voice is miles better than DLR, but Dave's did work with the material they were doing at the time...

I've always thought of DLR era Van Halen as the sound of youth, and Sammy era Van Halen as the sound of a middle aged man going golfing on a pleasant afternoon.  Plus, I like Eddie's guitar tone from the DLR era way better. 

As far as playing goes, I liked Eddie better when DLR was in the band. As far as singers go, Sammy is far better.

MikeW said:
As far as playing goes, I liked Eddie better when DLR was in the band. As far as singers go, Sammy is far better.
I don't see that his playing was any different, if anything it got better and more creative...But I do agree Hagar is a WAY better singer than Roth...

Warmoth finally got around to emailing my old email address a few days after I entered. I saw the email and freaked out until I opened it and realized that it was just spam (of the sort i don't mind) and not a notification... bummer

Back