warmoth Les Paul #8: quilt maple emerald dye

Orpheo

Its actually an oldie on this board, but now she's mine, and here to stay.

Emerald dye with a light burstover on quilt maple, solid.
1 piece mahogany back, non-chambered
rosewood neck and board. My luthier here does not want to budge, he says its undeniably brazilian. I said, maybe its indian? no, no way, he said, its much too dense, too oily, to heavy, to rich in feel and tone. the other luthier here thought that too, by the way. so... that makes BRW neck #2!

she's loaded with seth lovers, and at first I wanted to take them out, solder in the motherbuckers, but the low frets and seth lovers (pafs) give it such a nice vintage feel and tone, that I'll just leave them as they are. it really gives me all the vintage LP tones, but also, with more gain, the paul gilbert-tone from the last couple of years, since he's been using korina bodies and classic air thingies by dimarzio, what are they called again? :p

its a solid again, but very, very, very light! hitting 3,5 kilo's....

the color is very difficult to capture on a picture. it gets yellowish, but IRL, its really green.

the 2nd and 5th pic are as close as I could get...

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Both this one and the blue one have great tops with great finishes.  Just the perfect amount of black overburst on both.  My compliments to the chef.

bpmorton777 said:
Orpheo is the Imelda Marcos of LP players. :icon_jokercolor:

Brian

WHO?!

oh and I have to make an adjustment: its most likely #9 and #10...

Marcos was the dictator of the Philippines and Imelda was his wife. Imelda had a shoe collection that was so large that she would never  be ably to ware all of her shoes.  :icon_jokercolor:

Brian

The quilt kind of kills it a bit for me (not a fan) but apart from that this looks awesome! That's some neck you got with it  :hello2:

kboman said:
The quilt kind of kills it a bit for me (not a fan) but apart from that this looks awesome! That's some neck you got with it  :hello2:

lol, I like quilt! I don't like non-figured maple, only with a figuring I like it....

GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!  :laughing7:

Yet another guitar that's a fantasy to most of us here.  :sad:

Do you have a dedicated phone line to Warmoth's sales dept. yet? Or a private email or website linkage? You should have! :toothy12:

I have this guitar now for almost a month here, and I play it regularly. I have/had to get used to the superlow frets, but light gauge strings and low action help alot! the tone is marvelous. I really dig the seth lovers in this one. It gives me the exact vibe I need and want for Paul Gilbert-style stuff. dont know why, but the moment I pick(ed) it up, it screams PAUL GILBERT!!!!!! Can't stop playing paul gilbert licks with this one!

What difference does the all rosewood neck make to the sound and feel?  Is it unfinished?

boaty said:
What difference does the all rosewood neck make to the sound and feel?  Is it unfinished?

uhm...

why don't you just use the search-function? or google?

for starters, its OFCOURSE unfinished! lacquer on rosewood (or bubinga, wenge, ziricote, ebony, pau ferro, padouk, canary or purpleheart necks)is imho sacrelige.

PRS said:
We also make a number of instruments with solid East Indian Rosewood necks or Brazilian Rosewood necks. Guitars fitted with these necks tend to have a loud piano-like tone with rich even harmonics over the entire range.

Just use the search for more info, I don't want to keep repeating myself over and over, nor does half of the members of this boards.

Luke said:
YEAH! you tell him! how dare you ask a question!

Chill out orphy.  :icon_jokercolor:

asking questions is fine, really, but asking something here, whilst the answer is in the 'neck wood' section, and many, many, many other topics, is annoying.

Q.E.D.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=9041.0

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8068.0

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=5325.0

Just a 5 minute search.

Back