Warmoth Les Paul #7: flamed maple blue dye

Death by Uberschall said:
I'm still loving the Koa body.  :headbang1:

The green one is very nice also.  :icon_thumright:

which koa? I've got 2 :)

and those gibsons? those are the 2 guitars I've had for the longest time! and they're the oldest too. the custom is a '76, the studio is a '93 if I recall correctly. The black one is my point of reference in tone and feel, and the other gibby was a present for my graduation by my mother, grandmother and aunt; I just can't sell those!

Orpheo said:
Death by Uberschall said:
I'm still loving the Koa body.  :headbang1:

The green one is very nice also.  :icon_thumright:

which koa? I've got 2 :)

and those gibsons? those are the 2 guitars I've had for the longest time! and they're the oldest too. the custom is a '76, the studio is a '93 if I recall correctly. The black one is my point of reference in tone and feel, and the other gibby was a present for my graduation by my mother, grandmother and aunt; I just can't sell those!

This one.  :icon_thumright:

P110901_07-01-09.jpg

Oh man, that oil finished purple heart top does it for me every time... beats all the others combined without even breaking a sweat.

kboman said:
Oh man, that oil finished purple heart top does it for me every time... beats all the others combined without even breaking a sweat.
I also really like that guitar alot. I just updated the wiring a bit, so it really does the job much better.

I also changed pickups quite a bit on the koa2 guitar and the walnut. the qtuners are GONE. finally. the guitar sounds so much better with regular pickups. Also, I lowered the nut 3 millimeters. Didn't think it could or would make such a huge difference, but it did. these guitars play so bloody well now, its incredible. I only use those 3 guitars, or so it would seem. the walnut, purpleheart and the koa2.

koa1 sometimes, the purpleburst sometimes, and the others whenever I have the right 'vibe', but the guitars I just mentioned are my true favorites (maybe because they have a huge mega-fat neck...?)

Back