Warmoth Jam III

Cool - - I've added the three tracks into a mix and I'm kind of liking it.

A few more and it will be ever better.  :icon_thumright:

Take those beautiful guitars down off the wall, dust them off and play something. :laughing7:

if you guys want, I can change my tone a little bit and play something slower and more "melodic" to kind of vary it up a bit...

looks like we've gone from 10 to 5 to 3. It's too bad because I like doing these jams.

If I can get my hands on a proper mic, and an interface for my computer, I'll be in. I could ask my guitar teacher, since he's got two broken wrists, so he won't need them for a bit.

cool - - I just added it into the mix....

this sounds really cool to me  -  if we could get a few more involved it would be sweet :icon_thumright:

GoDrex said:
looks like we've gone from 10 to 5 to 3. It's too bad because I like doing these jams.

Mine is coming in a couple of days. I had to go out of town for a business trip & just got back.

The lack of soloists is probably due to the fact that most people don't read this section & don't know about it. I'll start posting reminders on the General Board & see if that helps.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the backing track kinda sounds like knocking on heavens door.... :dontknow:

If all goes well, I'll be borrowing a computer, mini mixing console, mics, and a 12 string thursday.

DangerousR6 said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the backing track kinda sounds like knocking on heavens door.... :dontknow:

I hadn't noticed but yeah it's very much like it. It's a very common kind of progression -  the I-V-IV

so where's your solo?

I'm working on some learning curve issues - got the m-audio thingy, but it's not playing well with the other parts of the 'puter.  Arrgh.  Hopefully, I'll have something to show for my labors soon...

I'm going to have to back out of this one. For some reason, my computer just doesn't work right now. Something having to do with the monitor or the video card  :-\.

Theres always next time.

Here are my tracks, I really like how this one turned out:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o787fmi8s339rs6/WarmothJam3Full.wav

http://www.mediafire.com/file/95vhdvmasg7uaxp/WarmothJam3solo.wav

OK I guess we're done with this one....

We ended up with six soloists, which isn't bad. I would like more, but I think this one turned out pretty good anyway. :icon_thumright:

Here's the order:

Panthur
hachikid
GoDrex
djf67
Doughboy
D-Rock

and I tacked a little something at the end a few days ago when I thought we weren't getting anymore people involved. Just for the hell of it.

http://www.wfzr.net/warmoth/Unofficial_Warmoth_Jam_III.mp3

Now that the 3rd one is over, is anyone up for making Jam Track #4?

If not, I'll gladly do one by the weekend.

Back from hols and just played this. Sounds great! All different styles and we all did something different with the backing. This one has the best overall standard of playing, IMHO. Good work everyone and thanks for mixing in my absence, Gary. I like the harmony ending; rounds it out nicely.

Would be nice to have more than just the usual suspects for the next one, but if not I'm still up for it.

Back