Warmoth Body. Schecter Everything else?

AGWAN

I'm told that Schecter brand necks bolt right on a Warmoth Body.

if this is true. What do you think of the idea of Gutting a Schecter onto a warmoth (Iceman, is my dream) and then Upgrading as time and money allows?

Seems a Bolt-On Schecter costs less than just a warmoth neck!

Add to that my Dream Iceman Body is about 800 bucks...

I'm sure it won't be the best guitar ever. but...

thoughts? on the idea?

I'm pretty sure schecter necks are 2 1/4. I would buy one from GC, take it home, take it apart check out the specs and if it's not usable return it. I think it's a great idea. Even if you modify the neck to fit. They use decent parts, Grovers Duncans and Tone Pros...........You got me thinkin.

LOL exactly!  the spec isn't bad, but its cheap!

though Schecter says they use the Fender Standard neck Joint, and Warmoth says the same.

My dream body is a left handed Iceman, mahogany bodied, red dyed/black overburst quilt maple top with a Masked binding. and everytime I build it it sits around 800. then when I build a neck to do it justice, and spec it's parts...

I'm AGES away from getting it.

But If I just grab like a Damien, or a Omen or any other Bolt on soloist style schecter, out the door is like 549.00. And if the neck fits. those parts will more than make do for a time!

though I would try and make the Hipshot hardtail bridge work. right now its my favorite, as its built INCREDIBLY well, yet dirt simple.

That sounds like an awesome plan, if itll work then after a while you'll get to a guitar which ull be happy with, and probably save yourself like 100-200 or so bucks maybe, im not sure. but with the old parts able to sell after they could give you some extra money maybe.... its given me ideas for building a lp Musicman bass, if i could find a cheapish but good bass manufacturer. but thats after the Z bass is done haha

AGWAN said:
I'm told that Schecter brand necks bolt right on a Warmoth Body.

I wonder if that statement just applies to the time that Schecter was just doing replacement parts  :dontknow:

My friend has a cheap diamond series schecter bolt on (which btw is a great guitar for the money). It has a 25 1/2 inch scale length and a true 24 fret neck. The only true 24 fret necks that W does are the new 24 3/4 inch necks for the 7/8 scale bodies, so I know that this particular schecter cannot have a Warmoth neck. I don't know if this is the case for all Schecters, I'm just sayin, be careful...

I think you'll not have a way of be sure without getting that Schecter neck and measuring the neck pocket and comparing with the one from Warmoth...

rockskate4x said:
My friend has a cheap diamond series schecter bolt on (which btw is a great guitar for the money). It has a 25 1/2 inch scale length and a true 24 fret neck. The only true 24 fret necks that W does are the new 24 3/4 inch necks for the 7/8 scale bodies, so I know that this particular schecter cannot have a Warmoth neck. I don't know if this is the case for all Schecters, I'm just sayin, be careful...

I'm pretty sure my Schecter Hellcat is  25 1/2 scale, but it only has 22 frets, so he might be able to find something that works.

oh, hears another possible candidate...
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-PTStandard-Electric-Guitar?sku=513042

I'm confused as to why anyone would think it was a SCHECTER getting a WARMOTH neck.

My plan is the other way around.

and, I've already seen one Warmoth Body with a Schecter neck.

its in the Warmoth.com Gallery.

AGWAN said:
I'm confused as to why anyone would think it was a SCHECTER getting a WARMOTH neck.

My plan is the other way around.

and, I've already seen one Warmoth Body with a Schecter neck.

its in the Warmoth.com Gallery.

I don't think anyone thinks that. You'll still need to check the scale length, heel dimensions, etc. if you're sticking a Schecter neck on a Warmoth body, which is what people are suggesting.

rockskate4x said:

this is what was confusing. everyone else was making sense!

AGWAN said:
rockskate4x said:

this is what was confusing. everyone else was making sense!

My apologies... when my responses get too wordy or long, I jumble them sometimes. Either way you still need to be sure it's a 22 fret bolt on type schecter and then check neck pocket dimensions before you consider swapping out anything for a Warmoth part.

AGWAN said:

The thing is, if a Schecter body can not take a Warmoth neck, how can a Warmoth body take a Schecter neck? My Diamond Series Damien Special can't take a Warmoth neck, that I know, so why would it be possible of I switched it around? The neck joint is still too long, so it wouldn't fit. However, there might be models with the standard fender neck joint.

as I've been looking, it appears the PT and the cheapest 006 are compatible. not much else.

I guess the guy in the Gallery modified something to fit?

Edit.

julian_chuzhik_lrg.jpg

Julian Chuzhik
My name is Julian Chuzhik. I called up Warmoth Guitars about 5 months ago requesting a sepicific custom body job based on the ESP Forest series guitars. There were many options i wanted to include not compatable with ESP's however, like the 26.5" scale neck compatability as well as the Ibanez Edge Pro Tremolo routing. This was a 7 string project as well, since the 7 string Forest series has been discontinued for some time now. Swamp Ash body, Quilted Maple top. Red dyed with black side burst, single volume control. Everything went great, recieved my custom body right on schedule within 3.5 months. Thank you Warmoth and everyone who has made this project come alive, this guitar means alot to me.

ahhh...

Crap.

I've got a walnut/korina musikraft San Dimas strat body and my schecter omen 6 neck fits perfectly (standard fender/warmoth sized neck pocket).

AGWAN said:
julian_chuzhik_lrg.jpg

Julian Chuzhik
My name is Julian Chuzhik. I called up Warmoth Guitars about 5 months ago requesting a sepicific custom body job based on the ESP Forest series guitars. There were many options i wanted to include not compatable with ESP's however, like the 26.5" scale neck compatability as well as the Ibanez Edge Pro Tremolo routing. This was a 7 string project as well, since the 7 string Forest series has been discontinued for some time now. Swamp Ash body, Quilted Maple top. Red dyed with black side burst, single volume control. Everything went great, recieved my custom body right on schedule within 3.5 months. Thank you Warmoth and everyone who has made this project come alive, this guitar means alot to me.

I remember this one.  It was a custom shop project and was done by hand.  Do not confuse this with anything coming off the production line.

Interstate Joe said:
I've got a walnut/korina musikraft San Dimas strat body and my schecter omen 6 neck fits perfectly (standard fender/warmoth sized neck pocket).

that is PHENOMENAL to hear! and as Adirondack Guitar is selling the lefty of that for 330. a TON of coin would be saved at the first...

though... those "House" brand pickups are just... Ew.

Why Must I dream of Quilt maple!? WHY!!!!

Eh, the schecter pickups sound okay to me....but I play bass so what do I know? Maybe I should drop in that extra set of Rockfield SWV pickups I've got lying around...

Back