Warmoth #2 - Purple Strat NEW PICS WITH NECK!!!

Wow that looks nice!

I'm glad you got the Vintage Pearl Pickguard. It looks 'right' and not too flashy.
The all flame Maple neck with Abalone dots would be sweet!

:tard: Dat's a lot a Cheez-its!  :tard:

hannaugh said:
Haha, I was wondering when someone would notice the Cheez-its.  They're for my students. 
I started to say something, but they gave me heartburn.... :sad1:

hannaugh said:
Haha, I was wondering when someone would notice the Cheez-its.  They're for my students. 
The first step in getting over a problem is to admit you have one.  :laughing7:

Even with "bad" pics, it looks awesome!

You know, I love Cheez-it's, but my husband is the one who can't stop with those things.  I bought the big box right before Thanksgiving, so I had to hide them in the back of my car all weekend until I had a chance to drop them off at school.  He will eat an entire box in one sitting if I don't stop him. 

Late to the party (small surprsie).  There have been some outstanding scores from this sale...and your's, hannaugh, is without peer  :icon_thumright:

Scored some hardware today.  Chrome vintage style flatmount bridge, some ferrules, jack plate and Planet Waves jack.  Woot!  I'm that much closer... :toothy12:

hannaugh said:
Here's the plan so far:

Neck =
Angled conversion Strat
All flame maple
Standard Thin contour
Abalone dots
Satin finish
Installed white corian compensated nut
...not sure yet if I should get SS frets... still debating
Chrome Gotoh locking tuners

Pickup covers and knobs will be cream rather than white.  I think white would look weird with the vintage pearl pickguard I chose.

Not sure what pups yet, I'm open to suggestions.  I was thinking about going the David Gilmour route.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the body is Mahogany.

I really recommend Wolfetone for pickups. They make truly unbelievable pickups (I have three in my current Warmoth). Also, I love that purple/gold combination you have going on!

Okay kids, I'm back from Germany (awesome country... Austria was great too) and now I'm ready for some serious Strat assembly.  Here are some options on what I'm thinking for the neck.  I'm still debating:

Plain maple w/ vintage tint satin finish
Plain maple w/ regular satin finish

OR

Flame maple w/ either vintage or regular satin

OR

Canary

I think I'm not going to get the angled headstock after all.  I'm definitely getting stainless steel frets and abalone dots though. 

Also, I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Graphtech TUSQ vs corian for a nut.  I'm getting an Earvana on it, just trying to decide which material I want. 

Well crap.  I just lost one of my jobs, so I probably won't be getting a neck soon unless I can figure out some way to replace that monthly cash pretty quick here.  Freaking A. 

hannaugh said:
Well crap.  I just lost one of my jobs, so I probably won't be getting a neck soon unless I can figure out some way to replace that monthly cash pretty quick here.  Freaking A. 

Too much of that going 'round 
icon_mad.gif
  sorry...

Back