Warmoth #2 - Purple Strat NEW PICS WITH NECK!!!

Again, I have to see the body in real life before I can decide, but I think black might be too dark for this thing.  I'm a big fan of contrast.  Plain white is totally distracting in my opinion because it's too bright, especially under hot lights.  I got the Vintage Pearl cause it's got texture and it's around the same color as the natural masked binding.  If I get it and it's too sparkly, oh well, but the guys at Warmoth put up a picture of it with the Vintage Pearl for a reason. 

I saw that.  If I'm gonna dress it up as the Joker though, it's gotta be a little more lime colored. 

I was just thinking what if I got a plain maple veneer and put it on a Strat pickguard and gloss finished it?  Hmmm...

Also, I found a flat lime pickguard at Greasy Groove.  I can't believe I didn't think to look there yesterday!

I got it!  It's beautiful, but it's too dark to take pics right now.  I tried, but you can't really even tell what it looks like in the pics I took. The vintage pearl looks AWESOME on it.  The body is pretty dark and the pearloid just brings out the stripes and the binding so much.  Black would be way too dark for this thing, trust me. 

hannaugh said:
I got it!  It's beautiful, but it's too dark to take pics right now.  I tried, but you can't really even tell what it looks like in the pics I took. The vintage pearl looks AWESOME on it.  The body is pretty dark and the pearloid just brings out the stripes and the binding so much.  Black would be way too dark for this thing, trust me. 
Your camera doesn't have a flash?

It does have a flash, but the when I use the flash it makes everything look really bright in like one spot and really dark everywhere else.  I'll just have to wait until I have better lighting. 

Yes, it's getting a maple neck.  I think the rosewood is really cool, but it's just too dark visually and sonically.  I will have something with an all rosewood neck at some point though. 

Okay, first off let me say that this thing is hard to photograph.  I tried, it just doesn't look the same in a photo at all.  The body is very dark, so I had to have full daylight to get an okay pic.  The body is really more magenta and maroon than purple.  It just has purple on the edges.  The back is more of a maroon than a purple.  Also, the pickguard comes out lighter in the photos than it acutally is.  I like the combo a lot, but have decided that this baby will eventually have 2 wired pickguards which I can swap out when I feel like it, and the other one will be either a black or a flat cream, and will have a HB in the bridge.  Yay for Strats and their pickguards! 

Anyways, these pics arent so great, but that's all I got right now.

4142098944_53730b7569_b.jpg

4141342973_233e6b9b84_b.jpg

4134525511_58b07aa29b_b.jpg

In other news, I made a bunch of cash today which will cover my neck.  I'm probably not going to order it until January though (if I can wait that long) because I have a feeling I'll be getting some Warmoth gift certificates for Christmas which might be enough, and if that is the case I want to save the cash and put it towards a Fender Hot Rod Deville. 

For the neck I'm 90% sure I'm getting either regular or Q-sawn maple w/ abalone dots and SS frets w/a TUSQ Earvana installed.  I might change my mind, but I really think maple would sound the best on this mahogany beast, and I've never had a guitar with an all maple neck and I kind of want one.  Every instrument I have has rosewood, it would be nice to have something totally different. 

That is HOT, and I might add, if the final desicion for the neck is maple. Go with an all flamed, such as DBU did with his soloist, that would look so awesome.... :headbang1:

Back