Warmoth #2 - Purple Strat NEW PICS WITH NECK!!!

4115816376_f53a5e44ab_b.jpg

^Ohhh, That's nice too!

I can't get away from thinking black pups look cool on vintage pearl!

It's like white or cream would be too, "blah"

That may, in fact be the way to go!

I'm glad I went with raw the first time around... Now I don't feel regret about having necks which require a finish  :laughing7: but canary is very nice aswell.

Marko said:
the rosewood looks great on it!! you may also consider all pau ferro :)

Looks awesome and I wouldn't be much worried about the fatness, you can get it fine with the pickups choice!

I would stay with the lighter toned neck woods to give it some contrast. That rose wood is too dark no matter which pick guard you go with.

Perhaps a toned down neck would be best. Give the guitar a focal point (the top), and not just the equivalent of
bling.jpg

I would go with Canary, but they are out of stock and the showcase doesn't have any Canary or Goncalo conversion necks.  :sad:

Here are all the other pics from the listing:

PS3868A.jpg

PS3868B.jpg

PS3868D.jpg

PS3868F.jpg

PS3868G.jpg

I don't like it with pure white, it's gotta be cream. 

hannaugh said:
I would go with Canary, but they are out of stock and the showcase doesn't have any Canary or Goncalo conversion necks.  :sad:
What do you need a conversion neck for? :icon_scratch:

Is it not 25.5 scale?

My hands are small.  I can't physically reach the fret with my pinky to play the main riff of Kashmir on a Fender scale, and that's just not acceptable.  I can do it on a Gibson scale neck though, just barely. 

I gotta be honest here, when I heard "Purple body with a Vintage Pearl scratch plate" I thought I was going to throw up in my mouth a little. Then I looked at the photo you posted of that exact combination and I was like "DAAAAAAYYUUUUMMMM, THAT IS BAD TO THE BONE!!" That is one fine looking guitar you are going to have. Great choice on the vintage pearl to go with it. I never would have thought to put those 2 colors together but they really do work out very very well. I'm looking forward to seeing this in it's various stages.
MULLY

Death by Uberschall said:
I would stay with the lighter toned neck woods to give it some contrast. That rose wood is too dark no matter which pick guard you go with.

Agreed 100%. That maple neck version is sweet. Also, even though I do like the the white pearl pick guard, I think I'd stick with that vintage pearl you originally chose. The vintage pearl goes really well with that natural binding. It would blend well with a maple fingerboard too.
MULLY

I think a black pickguard would actually make the binding "pop" a little better.  The binding and cream pearloid pickguard are both lighter than the body color, making them hard to distinguish.  With a dark pickguard, the lighter masked binding would stand out more, IMO.

Max, make it so.

Back