Walnut soloist: It Has Begun! pics on 1,2,4,5 and7

Have you decided on the neck yet?

You earlier mentioned Rosewood, you do know us Aussies can't get Brazilian Rosewood imported at all (banned for importation under CITES Treaty), and Warmoth can't export products with Brazilian Rosewood outside of USA (same reason). I think Indian Rosewood is OK, better check with Australian Customs first though. I have found them very helpful with silly enquiries like that, they understand that folks don't want to buy something from overseas only to find it cannot be imported.

Yes, I decided: a pro Warmoth, floyd nutted 24 fretter. All rosewood. When I ordered it, I selected rosewood, not a specific Indian or Brazilian. Also when I ordered, my mum put on the payment form that we're from Aus, so i'm hoping Warmoth take that into account.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Yes, I decided: a pro Warmoth, floyd nutted 24 fretter. All rosewood. When I ordered it, I selected rosewood, not a specific Indian or Brazilian. Also when I ordered, my mum put on the payment form that we're from Aus, so i'm hoping Warmoth take that into account.

When you don't specific which rosewood, they made it with Indian... Also they won't ship Brazilian to Australia

There is a good substitute fo Brazilian rosewood, Pau Ferro (or Bolivian rosewood). That can be shipped anywhere, and it's better looking imo than most other standard rosewoods..

NonsenseTele said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

When you don't specific which rosewood, they made it with Indian... Also they won't ship Brazilian to Australia

has not always been like that.. when I ordered a rosewood neck a couple of years ago, after I ordered I asked them to confirm what type of rosewood they had on the order. They told me that regular rosewood would be considered palisander rosewood. so I had them change the order for quite a big surcharge to indian.

that was before I steel wooled it and evened out the finish a bit. Looks real nice now.

It's kind of funny, I never thought i'd be making such a classy looking shred machine.

Today a little slip from the post office came in the mail saying I needed to pick up a international parcel. YAY :hello2:. When I got there, the parcel was for mum. ARRRGH!

I guess I should try again in two weeks.  :sad1:

I should probably turn off the King James Electric Ladyland Out-Takes and get to bed, I have to bake 9 sweet potato pies tommorow. 3 different families are depending on me. Yes, my Sweet Tater Pies are THAT good.

:icon_tongue:

Back