Walnut soloist: It Has Begun! pics on 1,2,4,5 and7

NonsenseTele said:
Blue313 said:
Damn...that's just sick!  :headbang1:

+1
Be sure to ask for a top in that exactly color... it got so nice!
That is the exact piece of wood it will be made from Fernando, the wood should be here by Friday... :icon_biggrin:

Tung oil on walnut is beautiful, nice choice. Tone wise, I have no experience, so I'm curious what it'll sound like when you get it assembled.

How's filling the end grain? Does it suck up the oil a lot, like mahogany?

DanDeTora said:
Tung oil on walnut is beautiful, nice choice. Tone wise, I have no experience, so I'm curious what it'll sound like when you get it assembled.

How's filling the end grain? Does it suck up the oil a lot, like mahogany?
Not so much, i thought it would suck it up more, which it did, but not alot.

DangerousR6 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I should probably oil the FR route
Yes, and the PU rout as well.
+1, looking very nice there Wanna. Walnut is gorgeous looking. I got's a slab of walnut coming my way, should be here any day. Going to do a walnut soloist as well. But I'm going to have a wanut neck with a canary fretboard and matchin headstock. . This is a photochop with the actual woods being used...
That looks awesome, but the reverse head is looking a bit off, a bit too metal for the nice walnut.

DangerousR6 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
+1, looking very nice there Wanna. Walnut is gorgeous looking. I got's a slab of walnut coming my way, should be here any day. Going to do a walnut soloist as well. But I'm going to have a wanut neck with a canary fretboard and matchin headstock. . This is a photochop with the actual woods being used...
That looks awesome, but the reverse head is looking a bit off, a bit too metal for the nice walnut.
Nah, that's what a soloist is all about man.....METAL..... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Yeah, i guess so. What are you gonna finish it in?

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Yeah, i guess so. What are you gonna finish it in?
Probably just do a tung oil finish.... :dontknow:

You can see on the back the parts I have to work on, like in the belly contour and to the right of the trem rout.

There you can it's also a bit splotchy, but i saved the day about half an hour ago with steel wool and an Enyo glove.

Edit: Also the lighter bits on the front, on the horns and near the vol. and Tone holes, i might think about satining them to match the rest of the body.

DangerousR6 said:
Looking good Wanna.... :icon_thumright:
Thanks, you started on wing nut yet?
Nah, it's gonna be a while yet. been kinda slow in the neck plate biz lately, so my GAS funds are tight at the moment. but I need to concentrate on my spalted tele right now anyway and finish it up... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Looking good Wanna.... :icon_thumright:
Thanks, you started on wing nut yet?
Nah, it's gonna be a while yet. been kinda slow in the neck plate biz lately, so my GAS funds are tight at the moment. but I need to concentrate on my spalted tele right now anyway and finish it up... :laughing7:
Yes, that'd be awesome.

Back