Tobacco sunburst strat

gtr475

My Warmoth Super strat build is completed.
Im going to have the neck routed for the Floyd rose locking nut and get it Pleked. And install a Schaller Tremolo spring tensioner (Sure Claw).
And maybe paint the Tremolo cavity black so that it dont show raw wood. other than that The build is finished.

Warmoth Showcase Stratocaster body. Swamp Ash/flamed maple, tobacco sunburst and routed for humbucker and floyd rose
Warmoth Showcase Stratocaster neck. flamed maple/Ebony, Abalone Face dots
EMG Pro series SL20 Pickups
Custom Pickguard and Custom Tremolo cover
Schaller Mini Locking Tuners
Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
Schaller Strap Locks

warmoth8.jpg

warmoth4.jpg

warmoth5.jpg

warmoth6.jpg

warmoth7.jpg

The maple tops have been very popular with the new strats recently.  I like it  :icon_thumright:

gtr475 said:
It looks great 

Perhaps some felt in the trem route...

Where can I find this trem felt?
Any fabric store and some spray adhesive will do.  You could just use some flat black paint (even extra shielding paint works) as well.

Nice Strat!

This is one seriously nice piece. I agree about the trem felt/paint though. The cut's a bit glaring, but everything else is amazing. I don't usually go for gold hardware, but sometimes it just fits.

Blue313 said:
gtr475 said:
It looks great 

Perhaps some felt in the trem route...

Where can I find this trem felt?
Any fabric store and some spray adhesive will do.  You could just use some flat black paint (even extra shielding paint works) as well.

Nice Strat!
Wal-Mart sells some small pieces of black felt in the fabric/crafts section and different types of adhesives...It would definitely look better, it's kind of an instant eye catcher with the bare wood showing right under the bridge...

Nice! Love a Tobacco burst. Good choice on the single ply pickguard. Lets the rest stand out more.

Make sure you get good "Tone" felt. Don't buy the cheap stuff!

"Tone Felt"  :doh:
Awesome!

Beautiful guitar! It's always strange for me to see something so CLEAN!

What's up with the nut on this?  No locks?

Im sending the neck to be routed for a floyd nut. Schaller locking tuners seemed good in theory but was'nt that good in practise.
If I pull up or dive too much it goes out of tune.

Looks great.  While the neck is in you should darken the floyd route with a little poly to try to get it to match the binding!  Great guitar!!

Here's some more pictures just before it goes for a "Nut job" just for good measure. 

I put some black felt in the floyd cavity wich seems to improve the looks a little bit.
warmoth10.jpg

warmoth12.jpg

warmoth11.jpg

Back