The new V has arrived!!

graceshredder

I have wanted a Flying V since I began playing in the mid seventies.  Well, I decided the time had come, and surprisingly, my wife agreed!!  So, after a 11 week wait, the V arrived Tuesday.  What a supreme thrill opening a box from Warmoth.  I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it!

I have seldom if ever seen a V with a maple neck, and I have seldom if ever seen a BOUND maple neck, so this axe will have both!  The body is swamp ash, and the top is quilted maple.  The finish is amber stain.  The neck is flame maple with a custom choice flame maple fingerboard.  

It will be loaded with 2 Seymour Duncan SHPR-1 P-Rails, each controlled by a Seymour Duncan Triple Shot Mounting Ring.  So, let's see . . . each of the two pick-ups will have 4 unique sounds, so that's 8 tones so far.  Now, together the two pick-ups will produce 16 unique tones for a total of 24 different sounds from just two pick-ups!
It will also sport Sperzel locking tuners and a Tone-Pros bridge.

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 504
  • 45.JPG
    45.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 629
I'm more of a fan of pointier Jackson/Rhoads-style V's - but thats a damn purty chunck o' wood you got there!

:kewlpics:

ORC

:redflag:  Thanks to all of you for the kind comments!  I will start a new thread in the "work in progress" section.  So, if you're interested, please follow along as I put this monster together.

That's awesome, makes me think of one thing........
freebird_mini.jpg
:headbang1:

The black binding on the body must have cost an arm and a leg, I thought Warmoth wouldn't do that for Vs and Explorer bodies?

OzziePete said:
The black binding on the body must have cost an arm and a leg, I thought Warmoth wouldn't do that for Vs and Explorer bodies?
They will if you give up an arm and a leg... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
OzziePete said:
They will if you give up an arm and a leg... :laughing11:

And promise to name your first born son Ken......  :laughing7:

:dontknow:  Geez Sustainerplayer . . . I appreciate your comment, but at 2:30 in the morning!!??  I hope you were up that late (early?) playing the hell out of some awesome guitar.  Rock on!

That thing is gorgeous - really curious how you like the pick-ups I'm considering the same set up for a build I've got in progress.

Back