Warmoth Soloist / Kramer Nite V Plus superstrat

Heavy Rock

A while ago I made this guitar, based on a 80s Kramer model that I like but it's hard to come by in general, the Kramer ProAxe. At the same time I wanted a white superstrat so I decided to combine the two ideas into one. I got a Kramer Nite V plus neck and a Warmoth soloist body. It was my first attempt to paint a guitar so I replainted it 5 times, lol. It took me two years to complete it and it still needs some work, I might repaint it in the future. o_O

This one had to be an all maple guitar similar to Kramer Baretta in the 80s. It's a maple body, maple/ebony neck, with an EVH Frankenstein humbucker in the bridge position, a HM strat single coil and a Duncan Designed 102B. I'll probably replace the middle and neck pickups down the road. It's by far my heaviest guitar though.

The most challenging part was to combine two incompatible parts together, but it turned out ok. The guitar looks a little rough around the heel joint but it plays and sounds great. The EVH pickup on a maple body rocks, it's a very crunchy sound. So here it is:

Attachments

• 20240223_193308.jpg
    20240223_193308.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240223_193422.jpg
    20240223_193422.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240223_193445.jpg
    20240223_193445.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 20
I’ve always associated maple with bright, but reading a bit about maple bodied guitars, they can apparently be very punchy! Anyway, congrats on finishing that long project - you’ve put a lot of work in that great guitar!

Thanks a lot! Yes it was like an eternal repetition thing lol. But it turned out pretty well. Maple guitars sound great, it's not bright but it's very clear with punch and a nice clear growl. It's not as rich in overtones etc which can be perceived as a little flat sounding but it's a very straightforward, in-your-face sound. Perfect for high-gain stuff.

Back