The "Magentalist"

dwiller

She finally arrived.    There was some considerable delay to this project body which I won't go into.    However, big thanks to Rob for picking the top for me and everyone at Warmoth for making things right.  I had asked for something with small and tight quilt, instead of big puffy clouds.  Couldn't be happier and already dreaming of the next one.  Here she is

Mahogany Soloist Body (I love the way the two halves join together in this figured V shape.  Lovely piece of wood)
High Grade Quilt Maple top with black accent line, natural masked binding and Magenta Burst
720-mod (mates really nice with Dougs /Soulmate neck)
1-vol, 1-tone, 3-way
Hum (BKP Aftermath coming), Single (Anybody is welcome to make suggestions here)
Routed for Floyd (I am using my Gotoh and its a really tight fit.  It will work as I am going to use a Tremol-no, but it wouldn't work very well if I wanted to pull up instead of dive, as it rubs on the floyd route route).

I am going to set it all up with black hardware, although if I didn't already have the trem and other parts in black I might consider chrome for the first time.

Can't wait for parts to come in and get this thing wired up.  Its a gorgeous colour and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks again to the awesome folks at Warmoth.

Cheers

P1040714.jpg

P1040715.jpg

P1040726.jpg

P1040718.jpg

P1040719.jpg

P1040720.jpg

P1040724.jpg

P1040725.jpg

Yer gonna be able to blow all the other polka bands off the stage with that baby.  Very nice.

With that headstock, he could hook 'em and fling 'em off the stage. Showmanship sells! <grin>

I was wondering about that stripe in your plans when you posted the neck picks, that is nice. Good vision and planning. Pimped out shred machine  :guitaristgif:

Yes YEs YES! Very Nice!!
Not personally a fan of the hook'em headstock  :dontknow:, but it's still knock-out gorgeous!!  :eek:ccasion14:

Except from black hardware I think you will have one of the most beautiful guitars around! Put some gold or chrome on that thing and remove the neckpickup and it would be one of my dreamguitars no doubt!

Love that finish  :headbang: 

Pitty the floyd takes away so much of the lovely quilt top.  :toothy11:
Glad you blacked it out, in the recess thou.
Really an eye sore when not done.

:kewlpics:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
That makes me feel kinda funny, kinda like when we use to climb the rope in gym class! :binkybaby: :headbang:

I always liked that feeling in a weird way.  :confused4:

dwiller said:

That's pretty bad ass right there, looks to be a killer guitar!

P.S. ...And as for a single coil in the neck, I'd recommend an EMG SA - but thats just me. :)

:kewlpics:

Back