UPDATE: Option now again available!! // Recessed-Floyd option removed from Tele bodies?

Eddie-Applegate

Howdy yall! First-time poster, long-time reader, with a Warmoth build currently in progress

The video about part’s compatibility posted today by @aarontunes is very relevant to something that has been puzzling me —

Recently, the recessed-Floyd option was *removed* from Tele replacement bodies (sku GB-T)

i inquired about it, and was informed that the recessed Floyd route conflicts with an angled Tele pickup route, which I can understand

however, when i asked about a recessed-Floyd option with a normal humbucker bridge pickup on a rear-routed solid body, it was indicated that the same incompatibility exists for that configuration

considering that the scale length of the Tele and Strat is the same, and the Strat body is available with a recessed Floyd in a solidbody rear-routed humbucker configuration,

i am having trouble understanding why this same configuration on a Tele shape would present a problem.

Can anyone with Tele experience elucidate this question? I’m eager to improve my understanding of the incompatibility.

I dont work for warmoth but I think I can shed some light on this.

When you are selecting the pickups, this influences the available bridge choices. When you select a humbucker bridge pickup you have the option for a Tele Humbucker Bridge or if you select a Tele bridge pickup up, you have the option for the Vintage Tele bridge.

I know for a fact that the position of the bridge humbucker is different when the Tele Humbucker Bridge is selected vs selecting bridge humbucker and any of the other bridges. It is shifted further away from the neck. This has likely carried over into the decision to not allow the recessed floyd on tele bodies.

It also could be a mistake.

It also could be a mistake.

Hey @Eddie-Applegate, nice to see another face from TGP! Yes, as @supertruper1988 says, the options on the Warmoth site are all extremely interactive. I removed the Recessed Floyd from Tele replacement bodies just a couple days ago...but it was only supposed to be when a Tele bridge pickup is selected.

I went and checked just now and see it is indeed missing when a humbucker bridge is selected, and that is not correct. I'm gonna see if I can get it fixed today.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey @Eddie-Applegate, nice to see another face from TGP! Yes, as @supertruper1988 says, the options on the Warmoth site are all extremely interactive. I removed the Recessed Floyd from Tele replacement bodies just a couple days ago...but it was only supposed to be when a Tele bridge pickup is selected.

I went and checked just now and see it is indeed missing when a humbucker bridge is selected, and that is not correct. I'm gonna see if I can get it fixed today.

Thanks for the heads up.
That is awesome news! Thanks mucho for looking into it, I sure appreciate it.

Great to see you likewise amigo!

Back