The L5S

Wait, this baby is all put together and strung up...and NO MORE PICTURES!!! :( :( :(

This guitar almost single-handedly was the deciding factor on my next build.

I wish warmoth wasnt sooo addicting, you would think the first time you make a custom guitar all for yourself, you would be done and happy.

But we all know that isnt the truth, dont we :laughing7:

rapfohl09 said:
Wait, this baby is all put together and strung up...and NO MORE PICTURES!!! :( :( :(
Sorry man.  I had a shot I was going to put up....but it was too much of a "money shot".  I'm reserving those for the final thread.

Besides, she's not actually done.  I still have to do a full setup and including a new nut.  The frets are DEAD level so I'm not doing much to those for a few months till she acclimates.  Once I get over this bridge obstacle and get the cover plates, I expect to post pics on the next available sunny day.  :icon_thumright:

Pretty much all done.  I just need the weather to cooperate for pics. 

I took some indoors, but they came out horrible.  I don't know if it's my camera or just bad lighting.

Blue313 said:
Pretty much all done.  I just need the weather to cooperate for pics. 

I took some indoors, but they came out horrible.  I don't know if it's my camera or just bad lighting.

OK Dan...how does it sound?  :icon_thumright:

...and pics or it doesn't exist.  :evil4: :icon_biggrin:

She sounds awesome!  I was expecting a warmer single coil or a split bucker tone, but its a little more complex than that.  It's definitely got its own thing going on. 

The cleans are everything I ever wanted from a split humbucker but could never quite get.  More ass than my strat or tele (just a hair under a humbucker for output) and fuller with more sensitivity to individual notes.  I'm glad I've spent so much time on the Tele lately since this amplifies any bad techniques just as much.  It has an overall warm resonant sound with a touch of sparkle, and beautiful tone with the EQ set at 12 o'clock on all bands.  It's giving me a lot of room for amp tweaking and very usable volume/tone controls.  With the bigsby I had to play some "Sleep Walk", and its just perfect.  All done through a '65 DRRI with only an MXR 10 band as a pedal.

TBH I've been doing mostly cleans and haven't spent too much time rocking out hard on it yet.  From the little I've been doing though, under higher gain it gets nice and crunchy without losing definition or getting harsh.  Nails the "Mississippi Queen" tone with the addition of my heavily modded Daddy-O Overdrive.  It seems that she'll do classic rock all night long.

Looks like a sunny day in tomorrows forecast.  So long as that hold true, I'm expecting posted pics tomorrow night.

Blue313 said:
She sounds awesome! 

Looks like a sunny day in tomorrows forecast.  So long as that hold true, I'm expecting posted pics tomorrow night.

I want to hear it

where do you live? It's been beautiful here in PA the past two days...

here in maryland too. i thought it would never be sunny again after the week of rain we had!

and that is one insane looking guitar!  :headbang1: very awesome. i like it a lot

I live up in Connecticut, but I should amend that previous statement to say both good weather and my days off.  I have tomorrow off from work  :)

GoDrex said:
Blue313 said:
She sounds awesome! 

I want to hear it

where do you live? It's been beautiful here in PA the past two days...

Sorry for you guys in the Northeast.  Here in San Diego it's a nice day 300 days out of the year.  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
Sorry for you guys in the Northeast.  Here in San Diego it's a nice day 300 days out of the year.   :icon_biggrin:

don't be sorry - that sounds incredibly boring to me.

GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Sorry for you guys in the Northeast.  Here in San Diego it's a nice day 300 days out of the year.   :icon_biggrin:

Agreed, good for vacations though! I'm going there this summer.

I live in the Midwest, we have some "interesting" weather here....lol

From what I've seen the guitar looks beautiful! We planned it out pretty good for you!  :)

Can't wait for more pics and SOUND CLIPS.

GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Sorry for you guys in the Northeast.  Here in San Diego it's a nice day 300 days out of the year.   :icon_biggrin:

Yea, I know what you mean!  Boring......................... 
bored.gif
bleh.gif
bored.gif

I have lived in Phoenix for past 20 years, but am originally from the Midwest [Kansas to be specific].

I do really miss getting up an hour early each morning during winter to shovel my car out of the driveway.
Even more spending 30 minutes shoveling to get my car back in the driveway at night after the snowplow covered it up, again...
I also really miss pumping the foot of water out of my basement during each spring because it has rained for ten days solid and the water has nowhere to go but my home...
Even more, I miss the 90% humidity all summer long.

Yes, the data shows we have had sunshine 85% of the year for the past 101 years.  Gotta hate it...
frustrated.gif

bbl4ck said:
I do really miss getting up an hour early each morning during winter to shovel my car out of the driveway.
Even more spending 30 minutes shoveling to get my car back in the driveway at night after the snowplow covered it up, again...
I also really miss pumping the foot of water out of my basement during each spring because it has rained for ten days solid and the water has nowhere to go but my home...
Even more, I miss the 90% humidity all summer long.

wow Kansas sucks. I live in PA and it's nowhere near as exag... er I mean bad as that.  :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Sorry for you guys in the Northeast.  Here in San Diego it's a nice day 300 days out of the year.   :icon_biggrin:

That's OK dude, I'll take "boring" over denial any day.   :laughing7: :evil4:

FWIW, I lived in Cleveland for 7 years.

Back